Daiwa Beef Stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by skyhead, May 28, 2009.

1. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Need opinions or reviews. Was going to buy a rod for $90 with a lifetime warranty but I found the beefsticks look just the same and are $22 with a 1 year warranty. Was looking at the heavy or xtra heavy. Only difference I can see is the beef stick heavy and extra heavy weigh about 20 pounds:eek:oooh:

Other pole was a Scheels in house brand musky rod designed after the st. crouix musky rods.

2. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    oh btw... this is for a flathead setup... abu 7000i reel will be slapped on her... going to buy the rod tomorrow evening so needing input in somewhat of a hurry :smile2:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Id say go for it i was looking to get the 7' h or xh from bp after seeing one shipped through work but they dont stock them here :sad2: they look verry tough id say go for id ive heard there good rods they are just a little on the heavy side (actual weight ).

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sky I think ya on it be a nice rigg..

5. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa

I hope so! so what do you think would be the better rod to go with kenny?

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Beef sticks are VERY nice, Trust me you won't break it

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i dont have a beef but I would listen to Steve:roll_eyes: there nice

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    STEVE is right on go with the beef stick he has one and so do i thay are good rods that dont break the bank

9. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well.. I ended up buying the beefstick heavy action. Mounted the garcia 7000i reel with a spool of 50lb. power pro. This rig is so heavy, its the type of rod the throw over your shoulder when hiking to that certain fishing hole.

What kind of upset me a little bit at the store, I found out the 7000i series are made in China. :angry: I thought I was buying a Sweden made reel.

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    I found out the 7000i series are made in China
    i dident know this myself i thout thay was made in sweed to

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    anuther reasen for me to stick with the old Penn's:wink:

12. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think all of the 7000s are now made in china for a while:angry: But I havent heard anything bad about a 7000 abu reel.

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i heard from a bait store qwner , round reels are going to be less and less, that they will qwit making them, i dont know, hes weird

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i dont realy beleve that Jake there is too much demand for them from deep sea fishermen and river fishermen :wink: i think the one that toled you that is full of CHIT:roll_eyes:

15. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I have two Daiwa Beef Stick 12ft bait casting rods with Garcia 7000i reels. I drug a 20lb 12oz flathead out of the Ohio River a couple of weeks ago, like it was nothing. I love this combo. You can kind of see the rod and reel in the background.

Attached Files: