Daiwa Beef Stick Boat 7' H 1 piece rods...

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishjohn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Daiwa Beef Stick Boat 7' H 1 piece rods

What are your opinions on these? I've acquired 2 brand new ones a few days ago and wanted your opinions on them. I've seen them in action and for the price I had to get me 2 of them. They seem like really Great rods and are sturdy as he!!. I also love the 8 eyes, nothing is gonna hurt them at all.
    Give me your opinions on them if you've you've used them or own any of them!:wink::big_smile:...... Good or Bad, I wanna hear them.:wink:
    It'll be a while before I can use them but I couldn't pass up this deal on them.
    Thanks In advance,
    John

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    John I have a BA601MRS that I use for carp and i love it. Inexpensive and the name says it all.

3. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I have two of the 12ft bait cast rods and they are great.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Anybody else have any experience with these rods? There has to be more, over 20,000 members.....:wink::smile2:

5. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    John, I gave one to my brother-in-law, but I never got to use it! I was going to use it for the Atchafalaya River down here. A little history on the river, the Red river and the Mississippi river both make this river! The current is incredible! I bought the rod for that heavy current! The rod says MH 15# TO 50# and 1 to 5oz, this has to be one of the heaviest rod I've touched! As for as the price on them it can't be beat for heavy current! One day in the near future I will let you know what it does in the river! Wish I could give you a full report, sorry buddy!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You! Once I get healed up and able to fish, if ever, I'll give a report on them. A couple buddies have a few and Love them!!!!!:wink::big_smile::cool2:

7. JimG

JimG New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have two of the 9' Surf Beefsticks. They are for spinning reels and are TUBULAR glass and not solid glass like some of the other Beefsticks are. I like them. Are they 'perfect' like my St. Croix's? Nope. But then again they ain't far from it either. I like them better than my Ugly Stiks if that means anything to you. I'd buy more if and when the need arises.

8. LoneStarCatter

LoneStarCatter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had one that was indestructible. I used it for catfish and some saltwater. Manhandled some good size redfish with it as well as a ling. I gave it to my brother when all his gear was stolen. These are seriously tough rods. You could use it to club an gator if you had to.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all for the comments. If anybody else has any comments about them, please post them.:wink::big_smile:

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont have those rods, but I do have a 10 foot beefstick spinning rod.

I was amazed at the quality of this rod for such an affordable price.

It is a very good heavy duty rod.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a Penn 345 GTI mounted on this rod.I had it spooled with 600 yards of 30 lb. Bass Pro Exel Mono.

The reason for the MH rod and 600 yds. of 30 lb. line is that it is a "utility rig" for offshore Kings,Wahoo,Dauphin,the Jacks and such.It is set up for bait,bottom or trolling.It will cast OK for presenting a bait to a spotted fish.It will also do for anyone wanting to fish for big freshwater Cats or saltwater drum.It is about as close to being a perfect utility boat rod as I have ever had.It will handle catching a 1/2 lb.Croaker for bait,a 90 lb.Drum or a offshore pelagic fish hitting it at up to 50 mph.if the claimed speeds are right.600 yards of line is not much grace room to get that boat moving in chase at those speeds.

I found that a heavy rod and stiff tip will not give enough,quick enough when hit at the speeds these fish often hit at.A stiffer rod will often snap the line at these impact speeds before everything can get rolling.

These big fish often hung around schools of Spanish Mackerel.I fish for and hope for the smaller ones,but you have to always be prepared to survive a hit by a 3/4 ton Tiger Shark on your gear.Your catch is bait for such.I once saw a huge shark hit a 7-8 inch Croaker about 2 foot deep and 12 feet from the boat.Very clear water.

Also seen fish strike as a blurr they were moving so fast.This rod and reel set up like this will survive such.It still has to be tied off to keep the rig from being snatched out of your hands at that speed when spooled.AND sooner or later you will be spooled or your rig destroyed.I set up to be spooled.I have had rigs spooled hundreds of times for years and still working great.Set it up wrong,and the first time destroys it.

"That fish broke my rod"."That fish tore up my reel".They don't if you rig and set it up right.With the exception of defective equipment,the fault is the fisherman's.People buy a reel made for 14-20 lb.line and set it up for 30-100 lb. line.then they cry when they destroy it.

This rod will do what it claims and is made for.You can break it or destroy it if you abuse it.You do have to work at it to do it.

I would buy it again.I would buy another.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I checked out the one john has today and man that thing can be used as a club!!!! Man you should be able to pull stumps with that!:eek:oooh:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its just not a fishing rod, its also a therapy stick to take care of crab when he gets out of line.....:tounge_out::crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

14. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Man Im telling you thats right! Ill probably end up getting me one just for protection!:crazy::wink:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

:smile2::smile2::smile2:...The shape I'm in, I can barely pick it up let alone try to swing it at you....:tounge_out::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:...You know I would never do that to my Big Buddy Crab!!!!:wink::roll_eyes:

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    John.Mine is sturdy enough for this old cripple to use as a cane and I look to be way bigger than you!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yep, I've been using mine(cane) since I had my seizure the 29th of last month. Without it, I can't hardly get around. That seizure really messed up my lower back where I had surgery before and I have no strength whatsoever in my left leg. I do good to stand for 2-5 minutes at a time even with it.:confused2:
    I have an MRI on it(low back) the 27th of this month to find out whats wrong with it.

18. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey brother John, I know a lot about back pain also. You keep your head up buddy, its gonna get better my friend! You will be out there in no time!

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I don't know about no time, most likely It'll be at least August or September depending on what type surgery or 2 they do and what all my Brain CT Scans and MRI's and EEG's say. I've pretty much detailed all that in my prayer request section, If you want you can read that, It'll pretty much let you know what all is going on. I won't even be able to drive till the end of August.
    Thanks I appreciate it Buddy!!! I need all the support and Help I can get to make it through this, I know I have it made compared to some and shouldn't complain but I've been through a lot in the past and this is the worst its ever been. Feel like I've hit rock bottom.....:sad2: