Daiwa® Sealine-X® 2006 Conventional Saltwater Reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dcm, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dcm

dcm New Member

State:
    ky
    Plan on buying new reel next weekend.
    I am considering 7000i or possibly the sealine. I like the capacity feature among other things about this reel. Any of you ever use one?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am not positive, but5 I think if you are wanting casting distance, the 7000 would be the better choice.

I had a friend who bought a sealine, and the casting distance was horrible, it was more of a boat trolling reel.

3. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Some of the daiwas are surf cast reels. I assume this one SL-X20SHA?

I'd love to play with one. The drag is supposed to be great, they are supposed to be fast casting reels. Put the model# in google, I'm no expert on them. Penn 525 mag also kind of the same vein. The best info on reels like these is on surf casting forums. Can't link to them here.

4. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    If your talking about the Sealine X with the freefloating spool, here's info from former distance casting champion Neil Makellow on how to tune a Slosh20 & 30 to optimize casting distance. There's also info for the Penn 525 mag and a few other popular distance casting reels-

http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/reel_tuning.html

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Been there had one.Very good casting reel...along the same lines as a 6500,but I personally didnt like the drag or some of the graphite/plastic parts.If the price was right maybe,but I still would favor Abus over them any day.Alot of guys fish the surf with them and like them for the casting distance.But,you just cant beat the Abu carbon fiber drags IMO.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I just got a Daiwa Saltist casting reel a couple months ago.I was a die hard Abu guy for most of my life.Since then I,ve sold all my 7000 series Abus and switched over to the Saltists in the 30 series.I love em,they cast like a dream and are really put together well. All metal.Really smooth drag,you might want to check them out.:wink:

7. dcm

dcm New Member

State:
    ky
    I just bought a 7000i yesterday but I need another reel also.
    I may pick one up.
    Thanks for the good input.