Daily Dinkbuster Turtle Thread

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 4, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink & I hit the GMR today. We got there around 5:15Am & were fishing by 5:45am or so. We fought bad weather from 7:30am until the time we stopped, around 11am. We did best before the rain. I managed 5 Channels, the biggest being around 6#'s. Dink managed a couple channels too. Now for the time that you all have been waiting for: YES, DINK KEPT HIS STREAK UP, BY CATCHING NOT ONE BUT TWO TURTLES. He caught one Softshell Turtle & one Painted turtle. :big_smile: You go Dink. Get all those stinkin things that you can!!! :lol:

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man i feel sorry for dink. After i quit fishing the scioto last year and went to the hocking i never caught another turtle. This year i've hit the hocking 3 times and have caught 3 turtles. Going to the scioto this week with flathunter and i know those things are gonna be hungry.

3. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man I went fishing last night...I hooked a nice one, I thought. It was about a 5 lb. softshell. The biggest one I've seen.:angry:

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You'll have to fight away the gar to get to the turtles!!!! :big_smile:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on getting some more Turtles Dink. LMAO

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We was gonna hit the scioto, the river is up 3 ft in columbus and coming this way...This year has sucked everytime I get a chance to fish the dang river comes up:angry:

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    We are getting wet in Ashville as well Jack, it is definatly going to come your way. Fireworks are at 11 here tonight, not sure if they will get em in or not.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

GMR was PERFECT, I've never seen it better. Now we got HAMMERED by the rain, I mean HAMMERED. But being the good sport that I am , I gave the onely rain jackett to Dink. You know that deserves rep points!!! :lol:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea but it probably leaked, I have found that Mellon always has other motives!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pic #1 is of the largest channel

Pic #2 is an example of the river conditions. No worries not showing enough to give away the Super Secret Honey Hole. :big_smile: Yea.... the honey hole, thats what it is...... :big_smile:

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ha! :lol:

I need a Sign for the boat that reads: ABU GARCIA REELS ONLY!

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Dink you might wanna borrow some of Mellons "Full Circle Hooks"...should help fix the turtle problem:wink: ....but then you would have Jacks luck catching fish:confused2: ...LOL<shrug>

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    he did give me the rain jacket, at least my upper half stayed dry. and yes once again, Mellon casted a rig high into a tree!

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hmm...... We BOTH did that! I forgot all about it. :big_smile:

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have told Brayn many times, these cats dont climb trees, he just wont listen to me.

16. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Way To Go Dink (lol). The turtles most be really hungry this year i've caught more turtles this year than i ever have and its only july (lol)

17. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's time to get this thread back on topic. I think it has been a few days since any reported turtle catches. That ends now.

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Where is the pic?? I seen you said you were gonna post one on the other thread.

19. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Whoa, I messed up and hit submit message. OK, to continue--

This monster softshell was taken at approximately 8:30. He measured nearly 15 inches across. He was in around 5 to 6 feet of water with a slow current. This bad boys bait of choice is a nice fresh bluegill head. He was released after catch so someday maybe all of us can have a chance to catch one of these bad boys. :lol:

Attached Files:

20. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go Dink, the slump continues for me......I did get a monster Snapper the last time out so I think Snappers are worth 3 points, Painted are worth 2 points and softshells are worth negative 1 point....... :lol:

Salmonid