Daiichi Circle Chunk Bleeding Bait Hooks.

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Whiskers4life, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey everyone, I just picked up some of these hooks, sive 7/0 and they were 3 for 4 dollars, but I like how they are, and they're tough, and VERY Sharp...I was wondering if anyone else has tried them, and if so get back to me, thanks.......

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    One of the best if not the best guide on the James river uses those hooks exclusively.He handles tons of fish in the 30-60 lb range every year and he swears by them.They are what I would use if I used Circles because of the larger gap.

3. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I used Daiichi hooks when I first went to circles. They are good hooks. The only problem I have with them is the cost. $1.00-1.50 per hook is rich for my blood. I started using Eagle Claw Circle Sea hooks (~$8/50). I haven't had any problems with them yet.

4. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I use those hooks almost exclusively and they have never failed me yet. The only problem I have had is with some large flatheads they swallowed the bait deeply and the hook has such a wide gap that it gut hooked them.

5. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    I have used them for the last two years and have been very pleased with them. The biggest advantage I see is the wide gap the hook has. It allows more room for hooking bigger baits with out blocking the hook point or filling up the gap. Since using them I have started useing more lead sacrifice rigs trying to keep from looseing as many hooks.. they are terrible expensive !!!!
    If fishing heavy cover where snaggs are frequent you may want to consider a cheaper hook but where I fish its a rocky jagged bottom and the lead hangs up most of the time and I get my hook back... sometimes. The red paint part doesnt really impress me and chips off after a few uses but itas that wide gap that I

6. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    I have used them for the last two years and have been very pleased with them. The biggest advantage I see is the wide gap the hook has. It allows more room for hooking bigger baits with out blocking the hook point or filling up the gap. Since using them I have started useing more lead sacrifice rigs trying to keep from looseing as many hooks.. they are terrible expensive !!!!
    If fishing heavy cover where snaggs are frequent you may want to consider a cheaper hook but where I fish its a rocky jagged bottom and the lead hangs up most of the time and I get my hook back... sometimes. The red paint part doesnt really impress me and chips off after a few uses but it is that wide gap that I am wanting anyway.

Good luck... Sam

7. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    used them a couple times, but switched to gamatsu octapus wide gaps because mainly for price.
    Jim ,I'll bet I know who you're referring too. :)

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have a hand full from cat connection. i believe they were $3.90 for a 3 pack. the 7/0 chunk light stop gap. i have used them with live gills at clinton lake. no luck on a fish though they held the gill through several casts. i had a 8" carp on one earlier this spring at the hot water discharge. i was channel fishing with the carp on a penn 210 out the back just to see what may be in the area. after 30 min or so the clicker slowly began going out. it stopped a bit. then clicked 4-5 times slowly. never moved again. reeled it in 15 min later and the capr had been smashed at the midsection and the scales were almost all gone and it was dead as a doornail though hooked through the fat at the top of the back. i almost got my wish. should have tried loading up the second time. i was waiting on a run. :cursing:

9. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    absolutely perfect circle hooks .. i personally use 7/0 which is the biggest they sell for this style and they occomodate my enormous baits just fine .. they have a slight offset to help with putting on bait and it also helps drive that hook home when the fish tries to move off with the bait

i would say my hook up percentage is probably 95-99% with these .. hard to really say when you don't keep track .. let's just say i can't remember the last time the rod went down and popped back up with no fish on the other end

i think i've probably tried all varities of circle's and these work best by far

coming in at a close second is the Gamataksu Octopus Circle's .. these are my backup hooks when turning to a smaller bait .. next time i buy some i'll post the product number for ya'll .. once again an extremely high hookup ratio .. i would say the only reason i don't use them all the time is i feel they don't have a large enough gap to work with my big baits .. i also don't use them because i fell in love with the daichii's first and i dont' think i'll ever give them up