Dad's First Cat

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by crankbait77, Jul 27, 2008.

1. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I took my father fishing on several different occasions without a single hookup for my dad. On the 4th of July this year my dad and I gave it another shot. We sat and talked and just enjoyed our time together. I had just recently returned from Iraq, so we had plenty to talk about. After a couple of hours one of my front rods took a rather hard strike, and I told my dad to pick it up. This happened two or three times, without dad ever feeling anything to make him feel the need to set the hook. Then after he placed the rod back in it's holder as if on que the clicker began to sing. Dad grabbed the rod and was quickly pulled nearly out of his seat. I could tell from the bend of the rod that this was not going to be a small fish, but I kept my silence and watched as my dad faught the fish for about ten minutes. When it was over there was a fine example of the adversary that we all are so addicted to finding, a 42 pound Neuse river Flat Head. For dad this was his first cat caught with me, and the largest fish he has caught in his lifetime. Congratulations dad, I can't wait to take you again soon.

Attached Files:

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Outstanding! Congratulations to Dad! WTG enjoying the time together with fishing. The service in the past for me and his job for him have kept me and my Dad apart quite a bit over the years, but those times we get to wet a hook together are all the more special. Sounds like yall had a wonderful time. Congratulations again :)

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wesley thanks for sharing your fishing trip with your dad. Congrats to you and him on a great trip and his PB.

4. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Nice cat!! I know your Dad is proud! Both of the cat and his son's service to our great country! Thanks from ME!!

5. 23mako

23mako New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Outstanding, we have to treasure the moments we get to spend with our loved ones!

6. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Man that sounds like like had a awesome time together,and the big cat was just a bonus. Congrats to you and your dad!!...and Like Sundrop said,THANKS from me too bro!!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great fishing trip, congrats to you and your dad!