Dad needs Help

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jailcop2, Dec 23, 2007.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Some of you oldtimers might remember a couple years ago the post I put up about my father who is a WWII Vet trying to get help from the vetetrans administration . Well he did finally get some help after a long battle . This was a big deal because he never asked for help until my sister and I pushed him into it... years driving a tank in most of the major campaigns made us think he probably deserved something . The life he gave us , working 16hr days, not eating super so that we could have plenty ,never missing 1 school function or sporting event ,not 1 in 20 years that he had kids in school , and very few things that his grandkids did until recently , made getting him all that we could a mission. I have been off the site for quite some time because in July 2007 after finding out he had congestive heart faliure , our father had stents put in his heart ,3 days later he had a massive heart attack and lost 75% of his heart function . In September , his pottassium level went to 7.5 , lethal level and he spent several weeks in the hospital . A couple of weeks later back in with the same thing this time he had a defiulator and pace maker put in . Shortly there after ,staff infection and high pottassium due to a mistake made on his prescriptions made by a clerk at the hospital . Dad was ready to be done , Drs. said his heart was getting worse with very little hope of ever getting well . After being begged to help him end the misery he was in several times I told him he would never have to come back to the hospital again if he did'nt want to . He asked to have all the stuff in his chest shut off which we did. All along my 74 year old mother is doing her best to take care of him at home. Hospice was called in so that he could die at home.It's been weeks now and we have Dad in bed , Drs. now have him on medication to keep him comfortable . Dad is 84 years old and sick ,I would like to ask my Brothers and Sisters for their Prayers for relief for my Dad ,and my Mom who has been trying so hard to make Dads final days bearable and dignified .
    Thanks
    Brian

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Brian,

I'm sorry to hear of all the Health problems your Dad is going through. You are a good Son and must love your Dad a lot. I know things must be pretty hectic right now, and I pray not only for your Dad, but for you, and your Mom.

Sounds like your Dad has lived a full life while taking care of his own. May GOD grant your Dad peace and comfort through out this time.

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Brian, your dad is an outstanding example of what a father should be. You have been very blessed to have such a dad as he has been. We are praying for your entire family my friend. You are a wonderful, loving son and your dad is blessed to have you also.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thoughts and prayers sent from Illinois.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, thoughts and prayers go out for your dad and mom.

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Brian our thoughts and prayers go out to your Dad and Family.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Brian, I know what you are going through. My father is a 23 yr Marine and had 2 trips to Nam and he came home each time, now my father is 70 yrs old and has Leukemia and will not make his next B-day. I feel the same way about my father as you do about yours brother and I will keep you and your family on our prayer list.
    May the lords peace be with you.

AL

8. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Brian :)
    My father went into hospice early september and the nurse said "this is the hardest thing you will ever do" It was, but being there and comforting him meant a great deal to him and us. My prayers to you all and gods strength to you too.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian our Thoughts and Prayers go out to all of your family. Your father has faught a good fight and kept the cource. Be thankful for having a great father and tell him his best is yet to come. May God wrap his arms around the family during this time.

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brian, I am very sorry to hear about your dad's health probblems. Wish your dad all the luck in the world.

Hi Al, sorry to hear about your dad's health as well. Wish your dad all the luck in the world as well.

Jaime

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Prayers coming to you and your family. And most of all for your dad. Good men like him are hard to find.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    prayers for comfort and releaf in your hours of need. may god bless and help.

13. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prayers sent from Colorado and my family my friend . my god be with you and your family trough this time ,god bless .

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Prayers sent from SC.

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Brian I Have often wondered where You were,Now I Know!!! God Bless Your Father,He and You and Your Family will be in My Prayers Sir.just remember You have a Ton of Friends here at the BOC,so if You need ANYTHING just Holler and We will be There OK.Your Iowa Brother.
    J.D.:sad2:

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Philippians 4 :7 NIV And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. this is the peace of god claim this it will help rick:big_smile:

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky.

18. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
  19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Your dad and all family members and loved ones will be in our thoughts and prayers.