dad-gum leaf spring

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by gottagetabigun, Jul 17, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    took a few days off. got a bunch of work around the house done this morning. took a nice nap. my thinking was to go crappie fishing tonight. got me a half pound of minnows. hooked up the boat and headed out about 7:00 pm. got a half mile down the road and had smoke boiling off my tire. broke a leaf spring. the tire was rubbing on the fender. got back home and began taking things a part. man was it hot. this full figured fella was melting like a snowball on the southside of you know where. anyway i'm thankful i was so close to home. things can always be worse.

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    brother that sounds just like my king of luck:eek:oooh: we full figured, ball headed fellows just don`t catch many breaks if you know what i mean. the best break i ever got and will ever get was when another fellow died for me on a cross over 2,000 years ago! he said it wasn`t going to be easy, i guess that goes for fishing too! i hope the next outing you have better luck!:smile2:

3. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    amen to that. changed both sides. took me about three hours. wasn't too bad. my impact wrench was a time saver big time. i'm back in business. we went catfishing fri. night and caught 12. 8 lbs. was the biggest. still catching fish with eggs in them. we fished all night. they wasn't exactly tearing it up. i think we had 2 channels, 4 blues and 6 flatheads. don't much care for this time of year.

4. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I bought a shorelander trailer with my boat. No springs, I lov it, lube the thing twice a year and just go. However I make very few trips beyond 150 miles of home so that may explain the love, huh?

I have had everything bad that could happen, happen to me trailering a boat, but I still do it.

Keep them lines wet