Dad does it again! 41 pound Blue Catfish, and stringer of eaters.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Oct 5, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man oh man, the fishing is on fire here on Lake Gaston. Water temp finally down to 69*. I was in school today, but my dad went out again. Got there early this morning and easily caught a bucket full of bait. Then he went fishing in one of our prime spots in a creek, I called him on the way to school this morning and he had only been there a few minutes and already got three catfish around 7 pounds. Then after school today I got home and now have the full report, he ended up with 10 "eater" catfish from 7-10 pounds, some Blue's and some Channels. Then he got a 22lb Blue and while he was getting it off the hook one of his other poles started screaming, he grabbed the pole and set the hook into one very nice Blue Catfish, turned out to be a 41 pounder! He said it took him 20 minutes to get it in the boat! He told me he was actually borrowing one of my poles, an Ugly Cat rod, with an Abu 6500 reel, according to my dad the fish ran around both of the anchor lines and luckily didn't break him off or anything. Then he got the fish in the boat and had the 41lber and the 22lber on the floor of our little 14ft boat...LOL!

Well first thing he did was weigh them, then he realized he did not have a camera with him because usually I take my digital camera with us. Luckily he was fishing in sight of a place to buy a disposable camera, so he tied the two big ones to a stringer and tied them to the back of the boat and used the trolling motor to go over to the store for a camera. So he got a picture of the 22lber and 41lber and then let them go, by then there was a huge crowd of people around that seemed to be amazed...LOL!

We were supposed to go out tonight to the lake, but we are going to have to just go to the river near home this time. But I definitely am going this weekend.

The disposable camera is at the store right now, the pictures are going to be put on a CD and I am going to upload them tonight for you all to see.

Good luck.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell him Congrats on the nice catch!!! I can't wait to see the pics.Hopefully the next time you all go out you can catch the big one,after all its your turn...

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I did tell him, he said thanks. I was not with him today, if I had been I'm sure I would have got one like that also.

Pictures coming in about 2 hours.

4. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Geez...another big one...congrats!

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats Zakk! How big is yours going to be?

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Wow, better take advantage while it is red hot...glad to hear your dad getting into them again!

Vic

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sounds like he had a good day on the water hope he got some pic like 2 see that big 1

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks,

Dougc, I'm gonna get a 50+ this weekend.:big_smile:

I already turned the camera in and will definitely have those pictures back very soon, stay tuned tonight for them.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Tell your dad congrats and good luck this weekend.

10. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Let me ask you Zakk. How hard was it being at school today knowing your dad was out on the lake slaying the cats? That would have just eaten me up. Glad to hear your dad is red hot with the big boys lately, hopefully you can get one of those yourself this weekend.

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Glad dad had a good day !!!

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks.

whiskers77, it sucked bad for me in one way knowing I couldn't be out there tearing them up with him, but then again now that he has located the fish I know I will get them this weekend.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

WOO HOO.......that is just GREAT! I hope High Rock Lake is on fire this weekend too, Zakk. Wish you could be with us for the gathering, buddy. What a wonderful catch for your dad; thank you for the detailed report. Please tell him we said congratulations once again. You go get the big 'un this weekend, little brother. :wink:

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you Tanya, I wish I could come to the gathering also...darnit.

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Wow Zakk, tell dad congrats on the even bigger fish, I bet that brought an even bigger smile to his face.
    You make sure he gets you to that spot this weekend so you can get one, after all it is your turn. Good luck to you this week end little brother.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, I haven't seen the pictures yet but yes I'm sure he had a huge smile on his face. We are definitely going to that spot Saturday and Sunday. A storm coming though, Noreaster or something like that. Will be hardcore fishing, but should turn them on even more...if that's possible!

Zakk

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Tell your dad he needs pics of those or we don't believe him...lol
    Really tell him congrats on the nice catch from us Zakk.

I wished it would cool off here so I can go catch some nice cats but we need lots more rain first.

Thanks for sharing little brother. :smile2:

18. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    congrats Zak's dad good catch

19. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Wow Zakk! Hope you two do great this weekend, as I'm sure you will.

Congrats again Zakk's Dad!

20. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    congrats nice catch