Dad/Daughter night out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smitty1963, Jul 27, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tonight is a special night out fishing for me because my 18 year old daughter asked me to take her looking for Mr. Whiskers, so I dropped what I was doing and put fresh line on my reels and pretied some rigs in anticipation for what I hope to be a special night out with my oldest kid, of course anytime Im able to spend time with one of my kids is a special time for me.:smile2:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you go, Ken! me and the wife are taking her grandson to the river in a couple of hours too :big_smile:

good luck to both of us:wink:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ken, I wish you the very best of luck. You guys enjoy and shoot us some pic's if you can.

-Jim-

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Good for you Ken , time spent with the kids is always special.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Glad you all had a great time.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go ,Ken,and don't forget to post a few pics if you can.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's awesome you're taking the time out to fish with your daughter. Hope you guys land some nice cats and have a great time together!! Good for you Ken!!

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That's awesome! I spent a couple hours out on the river with my daughter as well, she is 4, and she caught her new Personal Best blue cat! Although I didn't get an official weight, and she needed help holding that big ol Surge, she did do all the reeling! I was one proud poppa!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thats awsome bill. i cant wait till my daughter is ready to fish.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on taking your daughter out fishing. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

11. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Unfortunately we werent able to spend much time on the water last night because a pretty severe storm rolled through way to much lightning to be safe so we called it an early night, although we plan to try it again this weekend.

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    The more time spent with them the better...and I praise you for wanting to spend time and not letting the rhetoric of our every lives get in your way. I see soooo many fathers in here that talk about spending that quality with their kids, and I am so impressed. :big_smile_2:

Kids, even as young adults, want and need our attention, some crave it and I have found ( by having them in class) that for some any kind of attention is okay, positive or negative.

You teach your kids how to hunt and fish and you won't be as likely to be out "hunting" for your kids.

I am ASHAMED at the lack of quality time I had with mine looking back, and I find that most parents are like me on "quality" time. The job literally ate me alive at times. Heck I admit it. Quality time is NOT passing each other in the hall or at the door and saying take that trash out, please.

I am proud of the fact that our kids wanted to be with us when we went places and if they couldn't go -- we didn't go. After they started driving that sure changed !!! I was saying in the alternative fishing thread that my youngest, He just turned 21, told me JUST the other day that the summers that we spent on the lake fishing together as a family were the best of his life and he knew they would never be outdone....I am thankful for that.