Dad and Daughter Day Out

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by metalman, Jun 18, 2008.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    My daughter Tara completely surprised me by asking if we could go fishing together on Fathers Day. She packed a picnic and we had a great day; even caught a few...W

Attached Files:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    its a blast to get the kids out of the house an get them on the water an have a good time in the great out doors i try an take mine every time i can good to see you got on some fish

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    What a great why to spend Fathers Day.:big_smile: How Big Was That Channel In The Pic?? It Looks to be at least 10 pounds. Thanks For Sharing And For Posting The Pic.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's great W :cool2:.

Glad you two had fun, and that you enjoyed your Father's Day. :big_smile:

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    You taught her well.........be proud! Glad you had a great Father's Day. :big_smile:

6. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like an awesome Father's Day. Glad to see the younger girls getting into the action - that's awesome!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    What a great Fathers Day trip. With your daughter and caught fish . Congrats and thanks for sharing.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a Great Father's Day trip Winston! Looks like you all had a good time! Thanks for sharing!:wink::big_smile:

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the fishing report. Sounds like a great trip!

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    What a great gift for Father's Day and memories that will last a life time . Even when pic's fade away you and her will aways have the memories of that trip togather

11. Deadline

Deadline New Member

State:
    NC
    Now that what I call a gift.
    Time is the most valuable of all.

Thanks for sharing!

12. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    AWESOME Winston! Bet you both will remember that Father's day forever.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    What a fantastic Fathers Day gift Winston! :big_smile: Great pic of your daughter! :cool2:

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice catch.

15. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    What a great gift. How old is your daughter? I have 2-1/2 year old daughter. Everyone tells me when they hit their teens things tend to get ugly at home. I was just curious how old she was cause you must have done something right. I was hoping you could give me advice..........praying for a relationship like that with my daughter. Good for you Dad, Happy father's day!

Richard

16. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Winston it sounds like a great fathers day, thanks for sharing it with us.

17. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    All I can say is wow that's awsome.

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats priceless and awsome!

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Richard,
    Tara is 25.
    I have heard it said that most girls are abducted by aliens at about age 14 and their brains are removed. They are abducted again about age 24 and their brains are replaced!!!! The time in between can be interesting to say the least.
    I would not presume to tell anyone how to raise their kids but something I have tried to live by is to be consistent. I am, I think, very much the disciplinarian. Bedtime was bedtime, curfew was curfew. Grounded was grounded and meant no TV, no phone, no music, no internet, no friends over and no going out for dinner or other activities. As a teen Tara thought I was a hard-ass and although that did at times cause some ugly scenes she has thanked me many times since for teaching her values and responsibilities.
    Something she learned from a young age was that I mean what I say, both good and bad. If I promised to do something or be somewhere I would try to always do it or be there. If I told her she had to be in at a certain time then 1 minute past would get her in trouble.
    The main thing I learned about parenting is that if you think you have a handle on it you are about one step away from something going wrong. It is a constant challenge and you have to employ any means you can, fair or foul to stay ahead of them as they test you to the limits.
    Last but by no means least: hug them and tell them you love them every day of their lives, even when you don't like them for something they may have done that has totally disappointed you or pissed you off they have to know your love is unconditional.
    I hope that didn't come over like preaching!
    ...W