Dacron in a BC reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by stone, Feb 23, 2009.

1. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    I have a roll of dacron. It was from a reel i bought off a guy. I got no idea what poundage it is. I was thinking of findin some use for it. It fits an abu 6000 full.
    It feels quite thick, like 50lbs fireline and i guess its 20lbs
    What do you think of the idea of putting it as backing for a reel and followed by a long 50 - 100m leader? I am concerned about knot strength. Or should i just run all mono in a reel.

How does dacron cast? I have casted braided in a multiplier but not dacron.are they like superline? what characteristic does it have?

sorry for all the questions.

2. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Try hooking it to a scale and see where it brakes at. It will cast better than mono while it is on a reel try to cast it and see how it does. You are not out anything for giveing it a try. And you should not need a leader with it. Give it a try.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's what most people use for snagging. It's cheap and strong.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I personally don't like dacron. I think it casts horrible compared to the other new braids and superlines. I just haven't had much luck with it. It is strong though...rollo

5. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I love Dacron, it is the best casting line for a bait caster (in my opinion). Even better than super braids.

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I use dacron on my drifting rigs. Don't think it casts anywhere near as good as other braids or mono. But, it is very strong and priced right.