D.O.A lures for surf fishin?

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by katfish hunter, Jul 17, 2006.

1. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    I bought some D.O.A 3in. scented pink glitter shrimp and 2 1/4 ounce terroreyz.One silver with black and the other gold with black.Will they work good in the surf?

2. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    hey mike, i usually fish with live shrimp but when they die or run out i'll throw a d.o.a. with the same level of confidence. i've caught trout ,redfish,lady fish,spanish mackeral and an occasional flounder on d.o.a.s . i bet in florida you could add tarpon and snook to that list. get ya a couple of popping corks and hang on. you might also try tipping the hook with a little piece of fresh dead shrimp to sweeten the deal. good luck , let me know how you do.
    matt

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    same here:cool2: ...

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Those should work well for you. Have you ever heard of an artifical bait called "Fish-Bites"? They have many flavors available and I have had good luck with all of them surf fishing and dropping straight down over wrecks. Good luck.

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've used fishbites for sea mullet, and have caught drum as well on them, good bait, impossible to cast off the hook so you can sling your lead as hard as you want.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have caught alot of different fish with them from sea bass, red's, spot, mullet, spade fish, lady fish and so on I haven't caught a shark with it though. The flavors are crab, blood worm, shrimp, clam and squid if I remebered them all

7. Wildchilde01

Wildchilde01 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I caught about an 18 inch blacktip with a pearl DOA about 2 months ago. Got lotsa specs off that same shrimp too. Good for a semi-soft plastic, takes teeth very well compared to other shrimp imitators.