cylinder fell off of 44 mag

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by derbycitycatman, Mar 30, 2008.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I hope I can describe my problem right. I went shooting yesterday and came home and cleaned my gun. I dont know how this happened but the cylinder came out of the gun. I looked into the hole where it connects to the gun and a spring is bent but I think there's something else wrong. I tried putting the cylinder back in the gun but it stops a 1/4 to 1/2 inch short. I didnt want to force it so Im looking for help. Any ideas or does anyone even know what Im trying to describe. GRRR Im mad.:embarassed:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    what kind of gun is it??

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    its a 44 mag taurus 6 shot revolver, SS.
    Problem has been solved, it was the small screw on the opposite side that had come loose to allow the cylinder to come off. Im guessing the spring got bent at the same time. I undid the screw, cylinder went right in and put the screw back in. Good as new, thank goodness:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
    Seems I just had to have a good nights sleep and go at it with a fresh mind.
    But I always like asking for advice before doing something new. Now I just need more daylight so I can shoot some more.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Cool, glad you got it fixed. Think I'd put a little loctite on that screw. :big_smile: