Cville Reservior 8/22/2008

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by archisands, Aug 25, 2008.

1. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    Went out last Friday evening to Charlottesville's reservior, water was really low, made putting the boat in interesting. Was on the water about an hour before it got dark. Caught five channels, ranging from 7 pounds to 4 pounds. It was a good time, especially since all of my latest trips have been s l o w. Anybody else hit the smaller lakes around Cville?

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been wanting to check that out. Cville is a dead hour trip from my house, gotta make it worth the drive since gas is high.

3. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    I haven't been to Lake Albemarle since early spring when water levels were normal. Not sure what the drought has done there, but it's wrecked havoc on most of the water around here. Fishing was great then, caught several channels there in the spring, biggest one about 6 #. Never had great luck on the lakes around here in so far as size. The reservior's 7# channel from last Friday is my biggest around here on these small waters. Unlike when I hit big water elsewhere, I've been using ultralight tackle for the sport and that 7# felt like 20#.