CVA help Please

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by CountryHart, Nov 26, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Someone help before i trash this smoker. It's a "hunter bolt", camo jobbie with Monte stock. Can't get the bolt to come out of it/:confused2: I've pulled the trigger, dry snapped and pulled trigger , even dropped trigger assembly out of it. Notta, it slides back as far as it would if you were cocking it, but thats it. Also, the gun has a set screw on the left to prevent bolt from coming out that i removed.

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    John
    I have the CVA Eclipse Hunter is the hunter you are talking about the same or is it different. On the one I have I take the cap out of the back end then the spring will come out. then pull the handle out of the bolt and the bolt should slide right out the back. Mine does not have a screw on the side of it.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I took the screw out of the back, along with the spring. Still can't get it past the point it would come back when cocking it.

4. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Open the bolt and pull back as far as it will go. Push bolt handle to the left while pulling trigger, and pull on out. Mine comes out easy. Good luck.

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Put some penetrating lube on it, It may have a little ring of powder residue built up where the bolt stops when in the cocked position. You may have to close the bolt and put a shotgun cleaning brush and scrub the area in addition to the lube. The trigger does have to be pulled to get the bolt out too
    Mine does this from tome to time.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I finally got it out. Think it was just stuck from time. That pyrodex is some corrosive stuff. I got her all cleaned and ready to shoot. At least ONCE i hope.:smile2:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Glad ya got -r-done Bro.
    Any of the propellant used in muzzle loaders is very corrosive. It is best to clean as soon as season is over or you get done shooting. I'm guilty of not cleaning a muzzle loader as soon as I should. They can get gummed up from the propellant . One well placed shot is all it takes for a deer. I hunt with a single shot Ruger Model 1 International 270 cal.a lot through modern gun season