Cuz's 'Depression' and 'Reminisciing' Thread : )

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Cuz, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well, as much as it pained me greatly to leave such a HOT MISSOURI BITE, I did indeed catch a flight last night to the Sunshine State. I checked into my room around midnight, and proceeded to surf the BOC for several hours and post some of my personal best being as I havnt done that in two years on here. :embarassed: I'll be checking in and posting regularly with all of you, as you are my only attachment to our great state, and to the sport we all love. I must say I went to bed last night feeling a little 'left out', and sad that I wouldnt be doing any catfishing for the next couple of months. I havnt gone 2 months in the last 7 years without fishing. And to know that you guys are out there belting them, well that just adds to the depression. :tire:

All the post and threads of all these Missouri Brothers belting these monster fish had me crying in my cheetos. :cry: I've never had to go THIS LONG without being in my boat, and seeing that river. I spent an hour yesterday, in the barn just sitting in my rig, reminiscing over this past year. What great times my SeaArk helped me to enjoy in 2007. Here are 2007's Best Memories, in NO particular order. Thanks to all of you for making 2007 the BEST YEAR EVER

1. Eric and Brandon visiting me for CuzFest and belting the 44 and 72 Pound Fish
    2. Both Cuzfest, with guest like, Rat, Ed, Vince, Kutter, Ryan and His Friend, Harold, The Willie Man, Brandon, Eric, Gary, OneCatfishBob, Slider and His Better Half, and Mike and His Better Half.
    3. Running out of gas with Vince and having to use ye Ole Minn Kota to eak out the last 2 miles up the Merrimac.
    4. Fishing with SemoCats in the Cabelas New Madrid event, and having a good load of fish to weigh. :big_smile: including the second biggest fish of the tournament.
    5. Gary's New Personal Best Blue 64 Pounds
    6. Ryan's New Personal Best Blue 40 Pounds
    7. Eric's New Personal Best Blue, and the Cuz Crafts Biggest Fish Of 2007 a 72 Pound Monster WOW :worship: You Da Man Eric!
    8. My Dad's New Personal Best Blue 41 Pounds
    9. All the phone calls while out on the water from our "Westie" friends like Kilpatrick. (i've enjoyed talking kitty's this year with you guys)
    10 Skipjack Fishing at Ky Lake with my family. We belted em!!!
    11. Gary (gmvk30) melting his shoes in the fire during 2nd CuzFest (hysterical)
    12. Sliders Monster Net Throwing Abilities WOW
    13. Catching 500 pounds of Blue Kitty's with my Dad, his best friend from grade school, and my new friend I met in Cannelton, on the Ohio River in 3 hours. (This was a hoot)
    14. My "Banner Night On The Mississippi" Lucky enough to belt several HOGS in a short time period. This only happened because Gary wouldn't Go with me. LMAO. The best part, was the fact I called Gary after each and every fish to rub it in.
    15. Mr T proving ALL of us wrong on the Sabiki Rules. I now deem him THE OFFICIAL SOURCE for Missouri Code questions. :smile2: We got to get THAT rule changed boyz. :wink: A sabiki aint a sabiki less it have 5 lil flies dangling from them. :wink:
    16. 'Almost' running out of gas in Henderson with Vince and Our Good Buddy Ol JW Fisher aka 'Dreadnaught'. Thanks a million to the good samaritan from Indiana. That was a close one. LOL (seems i'm developing a habit pattern here huh?)
    17. Getting to see my Cane Tuck EEE friends, and sharing a cold beverage with wolfman, dankitch, dreadnaught, deerhunter, and their spouses on my way to Cannelton. Always great to visit with them. For those of you that havnt met the Cane Tuck Eee boyz, your missin out.
    18. The COUNTLESS times I have laughed at Gary in the boat during his SKUNK STREAK and the fact we BOTH had a skunk walk across our trucks on our way into the boat club. This one scared my little voodoo buddy, and he instructed me to try and run over the pole cat. I missed. :smile2: We perservered even with that little rat in the road, and I'M PROUD TO SAY I HELPED GARY BEAT THE SKUNK STREAK. This is my proudest accomplishment to date. :009:
    19. Fishing with Captain Harold Dodd and Al Struckhoff. Truly Great People and staunch Catfish Advocates
    20. All the Kutter Cane laughs, and the priviledge of having Kutter emerge from his CAVE every spring to enlighten us.
    21 Making sinkers with Ol Gary.
    22. My two prize anchors, made by yours truly GMVK30. Dang those things are awesome.
    23. My new rod racks. Thanks Again to my buddy Gary for painting and installing them. I owe you buddy. I hope the 64 pound fish makes you forget about all the favors I owe ya. :smile2:
    24. Spending the Cooks Gathering with Mike Brown. A great Dude. Cant wait to see your new SeaArk when you get her.
    25. Having Gary and Willie in my boat to share my new Personal Best Flattie.
    26. Spending time with OneCatfishBob at the Cooks Gathering, and hearing how his nights sleep was with "the trains" lol

In all seriousness, Thanks to all of you for making 2007 a memorable one for the Cuz Family. Even my wife admits she see's how I'm addicted to such a great sport and great bunch of people. Man, do you guys got her fooled. :smile2: I cant wait to get 2008 started. Some things to look forward to.

1. LeadStock
    2. CuzFest 3, 4, 5, and 6
    3. A "New Tourament" coming soon.
    4. A "new" Club coming soon
    5. And many new and exciting stories with folks like YOU!! How many Personal Best can we beat in 2008?

Well, I woke up this morning, still feeling melancholly, and missing my Missouri Brothers and Fishing. I opened up my window shades to take in the Florida morning, and LOW AND BEHOLD and MUCH to my surprise, WHAT DO I SEE? WOW. What a VIEW. WooooooohOOOOOOOOO. I dont need no stinkn Catfish!!!! You guys have fun. I've got to go have lunch. :smile2: Please see photos taken from my room below. Chow folks Get out there and catch some fish. I'm suddenly not missing you guys any more.

Cuz, Out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    And here I was almost feeling sorry for Cuz as I reminisced about scraping the frost off my windshield today, lol.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    What the heck are you doing in Florida for 2 months? Don't you know we have those chicken wings here.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm going from Captain on the E190 to Captain on the Airbus A320. Even though I've flown the "Bus" before, I have to go through a FULL training event again. :angry: I will get home a couple of times though. you guys dont get to cold now, ya here? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    These big ol blues are going to start stacking up Cuz. Went yesterday for a while and had 4 from the same hole and missed a couple others. Headed back tomorrow to try again. Did you leave the keys to the Ark? Hate to see it rust up over the winter.....:wink:

6. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The year is not over with as maybe we can get you up to 40. Thanks to you, we have met many of our brothers and have gotten closer where we can call each other friends and fishing buddys.. November will fly by (no pun intended) just as all the weeks and months have this year.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Something wrong with those pics Cuz (No Girls in them):eek:oooh::roll_eyes:Your in Fla and no girlie pictures .Whats the deal??
    Have a safe trip my friend!!

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Your correct Troy. They are gorging now for the winter and you guys will be absolutely belting them. Once they get stacked up, they get tough to find, but OH WHEN YOU FIND EM, you find em indeed. I'll be back out there at least once in November, and maybe a time or two in December. Till then, its study time. :tounge_out:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    John, give me one day, and I'll have a nice surprise for you. :wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thx Vince. We truly are blessed to have such good people to share our fishing memories with. I look forward to many many more.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    DANG, how could I forget.

27. The entire Darryl1 Bait Fish Identification Seminar. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is what it is all about.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    28. Getting to talk with Michael Jake, and Rusty, and MRR at the Cooks Gathering. Always nice to see you guys. Cant wait for 2008 Cooks "Gathering" :wink:

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    29. Haveing to carry a suit case full of outfits while fishing.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMAO Only the Spoon could come up with that one. :smile2::smile2:

Cuz makes mental note to take ol Troy fishn so he can see I only carry a half dozen 'extra' outfits. :wink::smile2:

16. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    30. The BOC most avatar changes in a year award!

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How come I didn't get a medal for that? Whistler, Deerhunter, we need a new award. :smile2:

18. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    you are officially nominated...

Dont forget all the nanner jokes also.. LOL

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    31 NO NANNERS, and Vince sneakin a nanner rolaids in my rig.

Immediately after pitching the nanner rolaids outa the boat, we belt a 44 and a 72. One of these days, you guys will take the 'no nanner' policy seriously. LOL

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    32. stock your boat with coffee cups instead of soda cans......LMAO:big_smile:

have a good trip buddy, them ol blues will be here waiting for ya!!!!!!!