Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Cuz wanted me to let you guys know...

8K views 91 replies 59 participants last post by  bw69r 
#1 ·
I got a text from John earlier today, that his daughter was sick, and they were admitting here up at Children's Hospital. I just got the call a few minutes ago, that they just found out she has diabetes at 8yrs old. John's pretty heartbroken, and he wanted me to let everyone know he probably won't be on here for a few days. He's gonna be busy learning how to take care of her now.:confused2:

#8 ·
Sorry to here about that, especially at 8 years old:sad2:. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I've been a diabetic for a lot of years and you learn to deal with it and it just becomes a part of your daily routine.

#11 ·
sorry to hear that kind of news. I have a great nephew that is type one . they found it when he was 5 . sure is tuff for the small ones. he is doing well on a insulin pump.

#14 ·
Well John, If there is anything I can do to help you or Lisa out, let me know. You both have been generous and giving and if there is anything I can do, you have my number.

Give that little girl lots and lots of hugs and kisses, I have a daughter myself and can't imagine what your family is going through, thank god there is treatment. My thoughts to you and your very special family.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear, but best you found out early Cuz...I have had several kids in the classroom that have to use monitors, I had to keep juices and certain foods for them and yes with medical they can certainly have that in class...

Is very treatable and they will train HER how to monitor her blood sugar and be self sufficient as possible and then you and mom to back it up and make sure that she does these things....

Very treatable...

You treat diabetes 3 ways:

by diet
by meds
by both.

Be sure she doesn't manipulate her diet intake of carbs, so that she can have "BAD CARBS" in place of it and take all the info to the school nurse who will in turn inform the teachers involved how to watch for signs of high and low sugar, and watch out for her. I personally keep maple syrup that they serve with pancakes in my desk for times when the sugar is low and I need something right then...but the kids are SOOOOO good to let you know when they know something isn't right and they will ask to go to the nurse who knows exactly what to do for them via the physicians orders....

I am sorry she was struck with this but at least you found out early and the entire family can be educated as to what to look for, how to keep good sugar levels etc.

Blessings to you hon!

#22 ·
Sorry to hear this John. I have a friend who is diabetic and has a son and one daughter with it also. Proper diet and care has kept them all in line. Always have a candy bar or some other sweet with us when we hunt and fish together.

Thinking of you and your family. Give her a special hug for me. Thanks.

#23 ·
Think Good Thoughts

Being sick has a mental part,
So use your head to cure you.
Thinking good thoughts is the way to start,
And smiling works, I assure you.

Keep up your spirits to cheer yourself;
Don’t let the gloomies win.
A happy soul will get well fast,
And right now is the time to begin.

John you and your family are in my prayers

#24 ·
Sorry to hear about this news but glad to hear it’s very treatable. There is nothing worse than the helpless feelings a parent feels when the little ones get sick.

I have no doubt you will have this situation under control in no time. You and your wife seem like the very best parents a kid could ever ask for. Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Darren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.