Cuz wanted me to let you guys know...

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Grumper, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I got a text from John earlier today, that his daughter was sick, and they were admitting here up at Children's Hospital. I just got the call a few minutes ago, that they just found out she has diabetes at 8yrs old. John's pretty heartbroken, and he wanted me to let everyone know he probably won't be on here for a few days. He's gonna be busy learning how to take care of her now.:confused2:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    To the Allen family. My prayers are with you all.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Man, what a blow that must have been!

When you talk to John, let him know the SkipEye family will be thinking of them.

Hope it goes well.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Ditto that.

I'll let John know that our thoughts and prayers are with his family.:wink:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I will keep them in my prayers I hope the kid gets better soon.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm very sad to hear this. Fortunately it can be treated, and i'm certain Cuz will keep a closer than close eye on the situation. My prayer is with the family.

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Sorry to hear about that. At least you're aware now. And as stated before, it's treatable. Poor thing. :sad2:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sorry to here about that, especially at 8 years old:sad2:. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I've been a diabetic for a lot of years and you learn to deal with it and it just becomes a part of your daily routine.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sorry to hear of this my friend, Stay positive, extra prayers for your daughter.

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    It rips my heart out when a little one is sick, no matter how big or small the sickness is. John, you and your family will be in mine and my families prayers.

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    sorry to hear that kind of news. I have a great nephew that is type one . they found it when he was 5 . sure is tuff for the small ones. he is doing well on a insulin pump.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am so sorry to hear that, John my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

13. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    Prayers from our family to theirs.

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well John, If there is anything I can do to help you or Lisa out, let me know. You both have been generous and giving and if there is anything I can do, you have my number.

Give that little girl lots and lots of hugs and kisses, I have a daughter myself and can't imagine what your family is going through, thank god there is treatment. My thoughts to you and your very special family.

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I hate to hear that kind of news. John the Mathenia family will be praying for daughter.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry to hear things like that. Will keep Cuz's daughter in our thoughts and prayers. AS stated at least it is treatable.

17. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
  18. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    cuz hate to see some thing like that happen to a young one like that will keep you all in our prayers

19. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Sorry to hear, but best you found out early Cuz...I have had several kids in the classroom that have to use monitors, I had to keep juices and certain foods for them and yes with medical they can certainly have that in class...

Is very treatable and they will train HER how to monitor her blood sugar and be self sufficient as possible and then you and mom to back it up and make sure that she does these things....

Very treatable...

You treat diabetes 3 ways:

by diet
    by meds
    by both.

Be sure she doesn't manipulate her diet intake of carbs, so that she can have "BAD CARBS" in place of it and take all the info to the school nurse who will in turn inform the teachers involved how to watch for signs of high and low sugar, and watch out for her. I personally keep maple syrup that they serve with pancakes in my desk for times when the sugar is low and I need something right then...but the kids are SOOOOO good to let you know when they know something isn't right and they will ask to go to the nurse who knows exactly what to do for them via the physicians orders....

I am sorry she was struck with this but at least you found out early and the entire family can be educated as to what to look for, how to keep good sugar levels etc.

Blessings to you hon!

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Sorry to hear about it John, hate it when little ones get sick.