Cutting grass 2020

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Brackish*Water, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Brackish*Water

Brackish*Water Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Wesley
    just cut mine first time yesterday

2. Welder

Welder Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Troy
    Lol my yard is still mudd happens every winter a week of warm spring days and boom I got 8 inch grass lol. Gota love liven in the Mo river bottom.

mooseman75 and Brackish*Water like this.

3. eastforker

eastforker Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Stacee
    One reason I like winter the grass doesn't grow.

mooseman75 and Brackish*Water like this.
  4. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    I agree with you Stacee. That removing snow to cut the grass just sounds like too much work. Besides that I lasy. Got ma a riding mower to cut grass while I working. Then we can go fish more often.

5. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Haha, back a few years ago when the wife could still get around, I bought a nice riding mower and attached a 50 inch mowing deck Offset behind it. She could cut about a 7 foot swath. Well, she went around a large landscape rock in the yard, hooked the offset mower on it, which jerked the mower straight before it broke free. But that caused her to take the riding mower and deck mowing deck right into my lake. I decide I could not afford to let the wife cut grass.

6. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    When I bought my current home it was pure woods. I only cleared enough for a house and access roads. About once a year I have to cut down tall weeds but i never mow.

Welder and Brackish*Water like this.
  7. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I mow 4 or 5 acres.

Welder and Brackish*Water like this.
  8. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    We mow a little over 5 acres at home but the wife takes care of it most times, I also mow for the electric cooperative, their office yard and 21 electrical sub stations, spend more time getting from sub station to sub station than mowing them. I can get them all mowed in two 12 hr. days and one 4 hr. day which works good for us as I mow Mon, Tue, then Wed. till about 10:00 then head to the river camp for three and a half days of fishing.

9. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven
    My wild onions need cutting. Fat chance of that happening.

I hate cutting the grass. Ill hold off as long as possible.

Welder, eastforker and Brackish*Water like this.
  10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Dang you Wesley and your grass!!!:laugh::love::laugh: you made me look at mine...

Welder likes this.
  11. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    Twenty-five years ago or so, Sweet Wife and I lived on 100 acre farmstead much closer to town. I was working ridiculous hours as an industrial maintenance man. We had about 2 acres of yard to mow and I hate mowing.
    I hatched up a plan to fence the yard in with our horses to allow them to graze it down. I gathered all the t-posts and wire and went to bed planning on building the fence in the morning. I awoke to the sound of our tiller in the yard.
    SW was tilling beds into the yard. She announced she was going to turn all of our yard into herb production for farmer's market and online sales. So much for best laid plans.
    Even though we are on a different place now we still use the name she coined that day, "Herbhome Farm"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  12. Brackish*Water

Brackish*Water Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Wesley
    I just had to order a new carb for one of my mowers
    :mad1:
    had a vine get caught up and when I pulled the mower back it snapped the governor plastic bell crank
    :eek1:
    went to redline instantaneously
    IMG_20200522_092326364.jpg IMG_20200522_093659797.jpg :tongue1:

13. Seafarer

Seafarer Active Member

State:
    Satilla River, Georgia
    Name:
    Gary W. Fisler
    My wife has claimed the side facing the river "her" side of the yard where she plants flowers, etc. Apparently I have a reputation for mowing anything/everything that will fit under the mower deck so I'm not allowed to mow her side. She mows her side and I do the side facing the street.