Cutting board

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by gargoil77, Jan 15, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    How does everyone that uses a wooden cutting board take care of it? I wash mine in soap and water and after drying I rub mineral oil on it. I got the idea off the internet. Is there a better way to keep it nice? It's a cheap one I bought. I want a really nice one, but those things are expensive.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sorry,I always use a plastic one-clean with a bleach solution-those wooden ones harbor bacteria down deep,and not allowed in commercial establishments.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I never use my board for meat. Unless it's cooked. Lots of vegetables get cut up on it though. I( need to get me a larger platic cutting board for my meat. I use the counter top right now but I do clean up after w/ clorox wipes.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use soap and water then wipe with a 50% bleach solution ,and rub veg oil on mine ,but i just bought a 20x18 nylon one that i use more than the wooden ones.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I only use plastic or PTFE whatever that material is now a days. I used a wood board almost 30 years ago in a bbq joint. I use to clean it every day with scalding water in a big old sink with a brush. Back then no soap on the boards.