Cutting Board

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by rsimms, Apr 3, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm looking for a cutting board that you can attach to the boat gunnel... extends over side so blood & gunk washes into water. I've seen them but now that I'm ready to buy one, can't track it down. Any suggested sources, via web preferably.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I've only seen the type that go into the angled rod holders on saltwater boats.

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Richard,
    If you look at the lower right hand corner of my avatar picture you can see the one I have in my boat. I made it from a large synthetic cutting board that you can buy at most of the bigger stores for less than $20. If you are handy and have access to a table saw, a drill and some screws I can send some better pictures...W

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i use the plastic trays that you carry your food with in the fast food joints. they have those side walls that are 3/4 inch high and you dont get all the mess running onto the inside of your boat. i got a bunch of them at a local liquidation warehouse for $1 each. they come in all sizes too, the ones i bought will fit into a 5 gallon bucket.

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea you can make your own pretty easily, or I just got one from walmart but it doesnt attach to the boat. If you want a bought one BassPro and Cableas have them that attach to your boat and look nice but I think they are around $50. It just all depends on exactly what you want. good luck in your search!

7. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I bought one on eBay last fall for $99. It is made from the plastic they make cutting boards out of. It has 2 1/2" sides and back and a place for your pliers and a filet knife. It measures 32" x 18" and fits in a rod holder with adjustable positions which would allow you to swing it in or outboard and well as leveling it. BassPro Shops and Cabella also sell them. Thanks for reminder me however as I have to get mine and installed to head to S. Carolina with the boat. They are great for either fileting or cutting up bait.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I just use a $6 one from walmart, it will fit in a pail when I am done using it.

9. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    can you send those pics? I am setting up my boat and need a good idea for the cutting board.

10. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I bought mine at Wal mart. Payed $9.99 for it. It was like 14" x 18" I cut 2" off of the 2 short sides and 1 long side, cut to length and screwed them to the bottom. I think it'll work just as well as the high dollar models seen in the catalogs.

11. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Guess I need to go check out Walmart huh? Thanks for all info.

12. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    The board and a bucket is a good idea! Still, in the winter when a project is needed, a cutting board that would fold back into the boat, yet hang over the edge and drain would be nice. A couple of holes to hold a fillet knife or other tool might make it convenient. It would be one less item to carry, loose, or walk around. I'll be that it could be made and installed on a rod holder base with hinge. Any ideas????? Hannibal Mike

13. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can understand taking the time to fillet the fish while still out on the lake. But, knowing my luck, I'd lose the knife and probably the fish overboard. My hat's off to you who are up to that level. Maybe someday...:)

Gary

14. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I'm,like Dink went to a Gordens food outlet and bought a bunch of those trays, like a buck each and when I'm cutting fresh, Shad or Skips it stays on the tray till I rinse it off overboard, they fit well in the storage areas of my boat, and if i drop one haven't lost that much carry half dozen on board the boat incase I start dropping them right and left, just be careful in the winter time they get cold and I have cracked a few of them cutting half frozen bait.......Doc

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where do you think i got the idea from:rolleyes: seen it on your hookedoncatfishing site! thanks

16. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Cutting boards are a good idea, if you can use them, in Ohio its against
    the law to clean fish while on a boat in the water, can't do it when at the dock either.