Cutbait help?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Cat Man Joe, May 31, 2007.

1. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anyone know if I can do anything to keep bullheads away from my cutbait? Anything I use, other than Sonnys or live bait gets eaten by the bullheads. Cut shad, gills, even livers dont do anything but feed em. (the bheads) :crazy:

2. MON RIVER RAT

MON RIVER RAT New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I would suggest trying different locations.Are there bigger catfish where you are fishing.Depending on the size of the bullheads I would be using them as bait for some big flats.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    hey heres an idea use the bull head as bait

4. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Theres really only a few places to fish from the bank, Aaron, unfortunately I dont have a boat. As far as flatheads, I dont think there are any in this lake. The fishing regulations for Illinois says theres not but there may be. (maybe?) Should I use the bullhead as a live bait, just cut off the tail finn? Will channels take a bullhead? Ive never heard. Thanks for the help guys, let me know if you think of anything else or have any tips on this bullheads thing.

5. mossyoakhunter28

mossyoakhunter28 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Depending on the size of the channels. I usually have quite a bit of luck taking the bullheads and cutting them into about 2 in peices. I used this method last night and boated 7 keeper channels that were all 5 to 6 pds. As for cutting the tailfins off I have never tried it, but I know that for some strange reason the heads don't seem to produce as well for me. Good Luck to ya.