Cutbait and creek channels help!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 12, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I was wondering when you use cutbait in a river, stream, and or creek if when you cast out the bluegill head and it lands in the channel or hole if the only fish that is going to go after it is the fish that is in that hole or channel? Or does the scent go down stream and bring more fish to the hole where you are fishing? Any help would be great brothers!

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it is fresh cut-bait then the blood/scent will attract more fish in the vicinity.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    awesome thank you.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If the bait is freah the scent should travel down stream and help to draw more fish in to the area. I don't use the tails of cut bait and like to toss those in the water, close to the bank and out of the current, to aid in the scent trail.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    awesome thank you for the tip!

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Well you got the answer hope you catch a big one:0a18:

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio

well said benji. thats how i do it to.

8. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    The scent will flow out with whatever current there is and should bring in any hungry cats that are within a reasonable distance. Keep in mind that the good stuff will soon be bled out of your bait so you need to keep changing to a fresh bait every so often. At least every half hour, every fifteen minutes would probably be better if you have plenty of bait. Good fishin to ya.