Cut Carp?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cheezemm2, Apr 7, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be venturing out to the Ohio River next weekend to do some fishing. I have done very well for channels and flats using cut shad/cut whitebass/cut skipjack.

I was fishing the Sandusky river this weekend and hooked up with a carp. Figured, what the heck and cubed him up. Threw a piece of the leftover meat out and caught a madtom and a bullhead within the next 25 minutes.

Have any of you guys tried this before? Maybe it's the giant goldfish thing that's so appealing!?!?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Cut carp is good bait, but I would recommend shad or skipjack on the Ohio. I would check out water conditions, I think the river is busting its banks right now.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    best way to use cut carp is to cube it and let the cubes sit in a ziplock for a few days. it stinks really bad but channel cats seem to not mind:wink:.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dink....am i witnessing what i think i am in your avatar? you are a crazy dude!:smile2: rollo

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I am a firm believer in throwing the kitchen sink at them if you have it and its legal try it you never know until you try it.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I seen a couple guys fishing the ohio river earlier in the year catcing a few nice blues on a big cut carp . They cut the side meat out of it and left it on a stringer in the water.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink is a crazy dude for sure...But I ask him how he feels about snakes!

8. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    carp is good bait. so is drum and buffalo. its one of them baits that may be great for a day then for some reason they might not touch it for a week.

9. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Carp seems to work fine, but if your lucky enough to catch one 10- 12 inches long just put him on the hook preferably alive an healthy, great bait

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cut carp is good but I mostly use shad and skip jacks when i do my catfishing