cut bullhead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, May 10, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a bunch of bullheads from dan (djtrikee) the other day and unfortunately a few didnt make it home safely...has anyone ever used bullheads for cutbait? I mean its still an oily fish that big channel have to consume in a normal ecosystem so i dont see why it wouldnt work BUT i was hoping someone could give me some insight....anyway thanks guys and especially dan for the amazing bait! I think a good 15 survived the trek home!

2. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats cool, How was the Bluegills?

3. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught channels and bullheads on cut bullheads. Good luck with them.

4. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    This past Saturday night my buddy caught 7 flats, all on bellys. Didn't use em cut, but was slammin them.

5. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    never used cut yeller bellys but have had great luck on monster flatties with live yellow bellies good luck freeze the ones that didnt make it you will always have reserve bait

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Leave them bullheads alive, and fish them that way. You wanna catch channel cats or a monster flathead?:wink: rollo

7. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh dont worry rollo i know i need to fish em alive but some died and didnt have the heart to just throw them in the field...didnt know if i was wasting my time saving them for cutbait or not is all....but yes i hope to put the live ones to good use on a flatty or two...

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I recently caught a 36lb blue on cut bullhead. It wouldn't be my first bait of choice, but it's always worth a try.

9. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    dave, i seen ur bullheads they looked good but i thought there was more than 15 in there ? sure looked like a lot more lol Dave were gonna put them to use on more than 1 or 2 flatties :smile2:

10. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    hhaaha a bullhead eating cut bullhead... that could have ultimately be used to catch another catfish...

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    From the experiences I have had it's always been better to keep the bullheads alive. One thing they sure keep moving for a long time when your fishing with em

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey i was going to make a thread on this subject, i seen yours and read it, well i like useing them alive but, i to was wondering how they do as a cut up bait. im going back out to get more tues the 19 th.i got 2 now 1is in myfrezer cut up, the other 1 is still liveing,im going out to the river wen the 20th and the 21,when i get back in fri the22nt i ll get back on here and let u know how i did on the cut up bullhead:cool2:

13. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    All I ever caught on cut bullhead was more bullheads.:sad2:

14. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Any of you guy live close to Pt. Pleasant, WV and have some bullheads to share or know where I can get some at? Ive been looking around all year for them.

15. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    well im back from the river( all busted up, or atlest i feel like it lol,lol.) well any way i did so so with the1 cut upyellow belly ( bull head ) me and the wife ( roseann) got 3 dinks 2 channels, and1 flat. they were all from 5 to 8 lbs. i didnt get a thing on my live bullheads, hope u do, or did better brother:wink:

16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i have used cut bull heads, they work just as good, if not better than any other cut bait.........RAT