Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy brothers have any of yall tried cut large mouth bass for bait or yused the whole thing if it was small if so have you had any good results?:confused2: just thinking of trying it thanks for the info:big_smile:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm sure that it might work under the right circumstances but I tried it once and didnt get a bite. I ended up feeling like I wasted a good game fish instead. Heck it might have even been illegal for all I know?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Should be good bait. Just check the laws. Here in PA you can use any legally taken game fish as bait.

·
Registered
550 Posts
ahhh you dont wanna use bass anyway. you see that channel i'm holdin in my avatar? yep caught it on a thumbnail size fresh water clam. most lakes and river systems have them and i promise you even if they dont if you use them they will come. lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
white bass have worked well for me and they are usually abundant.turn them large and smallmouth back cause shad work better anyhow.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i dont use bass. i will use bluegill first. if i catch a bass i will just toss it back in.

·
Registered
415 Posts
There is a pond I like to fish that I can get plenty of dink bass out of, but no bluegill, I use the filets and cut bait sections and it works ok. I do like perch better though

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
It's perfectly legal here and I will gladly use a 6" bass if I find one while catching gills. I've caught some of my best cats on them. I never tried a grown up bass, just a few little ones here and there. In other words I wouldn't go bassin just for bait.

-Jim-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.