Cut Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by tomcat85, Jan 17, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Well today i got the new fishing regulations book and i was reading through it about the bait. Heres an outtake i had a question about. It is on page 32 " FIELD DRESSING AND DISPOSAL OF FISH - "It is unlawful to possess a fish in any form or condition other than in the whole or having the entrails removed while on shore, along the waters of the commonwealth, on board boat or on a dock, pier, or launch area or parking lot. Fish may be processed fully if they are being prepared for immediate consumption on sire. This does not apply to fish that a processed at a fish cleaning station officially recognized by the commission or by a permitted charter or boat/fishing guide operation. It is unlawful to discard any fish carcass to parts thereof the commonwealth or upon any public or private land contiguous to the waters unless disposal is on lands with permission from the landowner or it is where the fish are properly disposed into suitable garbage or refuse collection systems or at an officially recognized cleaning station."

So does this mean i cant use cutbait?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    No. As with Ohio, this does not refer to baitfish. The law is meant to keep people from cleaning fish while fishing in order to keep fish of illegal size. The PA regs. should address baitfish also.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    The pa regs get me confused all the time. I want to get a minnow seine to get chubs and it says that you can use one but it cant be over 4 foot square or in diameter. i dont even know if i can get one that size lol.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They have similiar laws in effect here, for the same reasons. Here in the freshwater you are not allowed to dispose of the "remains" into the public waterways.

Strange thing is that if the game warden catches you with an illegal fish & it happens to be dead, they throw it back into the water. They like to say, "It's back in the food chain".

That's what I say about the "remains":roll_eyes: I guess too many people are offended by looking @ the "remains" 'till they're gone:confused2:

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    PA likes to keep us confused. dont worry about it. their talking about the fish you catch to keep, not your baitfish.

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    but be careful, i almost got in troble since i was using cut trout one night last year. trout works great for me but since its game fish im not alowed to cut it up next to the water and what not. i still will and last year i just explained to the officer that i was fishing for cats and stripers with it. and since there arnt that many trout caught in the delaware in the middle of the summer where i fish he let me off but it could have very well been a ticket.