Cut Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by RiverKing, May 22, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I was wondering if you guys out here have more luck with cut shad, or cut chubb or sucker..I have been going to the Ohio River about once a week, and fishing with both.. But it seems like i have been caughting WAY MORE fish on cut suckers, shiners, and chubbs.. Anyone else have the same experience?

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i do better with shad this time of year when their are alot of dead shad coming down the river but any other time cut chub works for me!

3. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Of all of the times Ive tried cut bait I can only remember catching one catfish that was about 2 pounds. I dont know why but I have never had luck with cut bait.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I seem to have more luck with cut chub, mostly because they have more meat on them then shad do, but both are good baits.

5. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I use cut bait most of the time.but for some reason or another the cats here on high rock hit the heads better and quicker,so I mainly use brim and shad heads every now and then a little white bass.I use the other halfs when I use up the heads.seems to work good here.

6. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I usually do real good with cut shad at the river, caught my biggest on on it.