Cut Bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by tnkatman, Apr 18, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Can Anyone Tell Me What's The Best Way To Cut Up Bluegill For Cut Bait. Do You Cut It In 3 Or 4 Chunks W/inside Organs Included Or Do You Slice Into Fillets Excluding The Organs ? Thanks.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I have to use blugills for cut bait I just cut them into chunks.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    If they are small, I cut them in half and leave the guts with it or use them whole but slice them open a little.
    I have cut bigger ones up into three chunks.

4. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Cut them in half making sure the guts are intact with the head. This makes a good bait. On larger ones use head and guts as separate pieces. I have had better luck with the guts than any other part. Hope this helps.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    When im useing bluegills and im fishing for flats,or blues in the river (big mo.) and useing cut bait i just cut them in half and use the head and hook it through the eyes.If i am driffting for channel cats in a lake i scale the bluegill and cut a filet off each side leave the skin on because your filet will stay on the hook better.I also use the head and hook it through the eyes, I have found out for me at least i seem to catch larger fish on the heads.also i recomend useing a bobber above your bait as it keeps your bait off the bottem out of the mud and rocks. I hope this helps. Bigcatman0816

6. bigbuba

bigbuba New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    i usally cut the tale off a bluegill and cast it out. but i some times cut a little peace of the meat and i dont put the guts on i use a bobber some times i usaually get a bite in a minute longest i had to weight was 20 minutes with out the bobber if you want to but i never tried this but i will next time i go out fishing is to use the whole bulegill and slice its belly open and let the blood leak out in the water i think that would be extremly afective.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Try cutting a small hole in the belly and pulling an inch or so of intestine out.

8. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I must agree with jdstraka on this one. I basically use bluegill the same way.