Cut Bait with Stink Bait

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by wicooner, Jul 7, 2009.

1. wicooner

wicooner New Member

State:
    WI
    Has anyone had luck with using Blue Gill Heads or cut bait along with Stinkbait? Figure the stinkbait will bring them in and the cut bait will give them something more to grab onto. Any advice is appreciated.

2. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    I'm not sure if it was the combination of stink bait and 'gill heads, but I have tried a few times and did catch fish. I just cut the heads off and filled them with secret 7 with a popsicle stick. So give it a try.

3. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    It works well for me too!

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I do it all the time especally if the gill head has been sitting out awhile.Ill bring it in and stuff its mouth with dip bait and cast it back out to get a scent trail going back to the bait.works good for me.

5. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    I've never stuffed cut bait with a stink bait of any sorts, but I have dipped chunks of bait in to garlic and the blood from chicken livers with success. I personally think this is a great way to fish......... putting the stink on it allows the scent to be more potent than a regular chunk of fish would be and when a channel shows up he finds a BIG chunk of meat at the end of the rainbow.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a idea, John.

7. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I do it often and have pretty good results. Seems to get bigger fish than stinkbait alone. Also seems to get the bite started faster.