Cut Bait with Shiners.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by OpsMan, Apr 19, 2006.

1. OpsMan

OpsMan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello all.

I am new to the BOC eager to learn and share info. I have been fishing for years, but recently caught up with catfish fever. Been fishing Private Nuclear Cooling lake and catching up to 50 keeper channels per outing. However none have been to big. So I have started to fish the Brazos River near Granbury. Does anyone know if Large shiners make effective Cut bait? Or only shad, and blue gills etc.

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome aboard! Pull up a chair and enjoy your stay!:)

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    almost anything makes a good cut bait! chubs, shiners, suckers, shad, skips, carp, bass, gills, etc. your best ones though are the more oily fish like shad and skips. chubs and shiners are really good as well, think they have high amounts of amino acids in them which make them really good.

4. OpsMan

OpsMan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the Feedback. I have a throw net, but cannot seem to find the Shad in Granbury Lake. My guess is the water temps are still a little to cool for them to be in the shallows. Also I have been using shrimp soaked in garlic salt and spoiled a couple of days seems to be pretty good bait. Caught a 29" Channel on that do not know the weight though.