cut bait/asian carp

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by shaky, Nov 25, 2009.

1. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    I thought i heard or read somwhere that the asian carp make good cut bait. Has anyone on the BOC used these carp for bait. If so, have you done any good. What is the flesh like, oily? Or not. Seems like someone could get a lot of bait off of one

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Alot of bait for sure . There are alot of guys who use carp on here for bait .
    Myself I caught (snagged) a few small ones and filleted off the sides and skin . I caught a small channel a few gar on it . It really isnt all that oily but it works . Heck get you one and find out if it works where you fish .

3. Styx

Styx New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My buddy and I use asian carp 90% of the time and this past season (March-October) we caught about 1,300 lbs of blues in 25 fishing trips. If you have a boat and can find them ( and you "WILL" know when you find them) they seem to "VOLUNTEER" to be bait. They will jump in you boat and "Voila" cut bait. Thats the easy way, or you can catch them in a cast net. A nice 2-3 inch chunk on a circle hook should do it. PB's for the both of us on asian carp. Mine 72 lb blue and my buddies , an 85 lb blue.

4. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Did you leave the skin/scales on or do filet down to the white meat?

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We knew them Asian Carp would be good for something! :smile2:

6. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I've used Bighead Carp for bait a few times. The biggest blue I have caught with them was a 12lber. A lot of people use them though. If you have a boat watch out they hurt when they hit you. Especially in the head.