Cut and live bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by jacob, May 8, 2007.

1. jacob

jacob New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey guys and gals i havnt really had mutch luck with cut and live bait i'd really love some info on what when and how you get the best luck with it

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The best luck Ive had is with Bluegill heads but I havnt caught anything big.

3. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    I've used cut and live bait with good success. I fish them on a carolina rig and when using live bait( bream ect.) I hook them right behind the dorsal fin.Cut bait I just thread it on and toss it out.I will have to say here lately I like live bait better.Been having some good luck with it the last few weeks.Best of luck to ya!

4. jacob

jacob New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks to both of you.i plan to use the info tonight

5. JohnnyRebel

JohnnyRebel New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I prefer cut bait more than live..I always seem to get bass from live baits.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i caught a 6lbs lagremouth on tuesday night on a piece of cut bluegill. a first for me. but then i also caught a 31lbs flathead on a bluegill head. i catch more on heads than anything else. cut them right behind the gill plate and then trim off the fins. leave the guts hanging out of the head. if there are big flatties around they will eat it. as well as channels or blues. if you can use live gills then do it. if you are going to use live gills, dont use ones that are real small. use 6 to 7 inchers. they seem to work the best. better hae some stout gear though beacue a big cat will usually take live over cut any day. should also help with your bass situation