custom built bumpers

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by River_monster91, May 7, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well i think im gonna try getting into the business of building bumpers. i built 2 of em now and heres pics of mine. it is built very strong. i have snapped chains pulling out a 1/2ton chevy in the snow. heres a few pics and lemme know if anyone wants one.

Attached Files:

2. revbigpapa

revbigpapa New Member

State:
    florida
    Good looking bumper should be a good seller.I am going to build a bumper for my truck when I figure out what I want. Keep up the good work.

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS

Probably because he had it in park and was pressing on the brake pedal as hard as he could. I know I would have before I let a ford pull me out :smile2:.

Good looking bumper Donnie. :cool2:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i do bumpers, nerf bars,rock sliders and roll cages and i can tell you from experience dont get in to deep $$$investment wise in materials and equipment because it is very hit and miss... especially right now with the bad economy. i have some axle building equiptment that hasnt even paid for its self after 2 years.. i have a big rush of jobs every time i get new equiptment then it dies off.. not trying to talk you out of it just telling you how it has panned out for me... what do you plan on charging for a bumper like that?

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That should not slow a Ford down,,,, lol,,lol Those Chevys are light duty units,,, easy to pull....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. cowboybo

cowboybo Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hey donnie good lookin bumer keep up the good work! mr jim's right chevy's are lite units!!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice work,Donnie. Keep it up lil buddy.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea my lite unit weighs in at close to 3tons real lite. aint no ranger gonna budge it.

9. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    ok let me know when it junks out on ya and ill be glad to pull ya in my ranger to the junkyard!

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Nice lookin bumper. It reminds me of the one on my son's ranger, the front bumper was 5" pipe with a brush guard, coulda drove thru a forest if the thing woulda held together. The thing was so rusty getting in a wreck the bumper woulda been ok, but the rest of the truck woulda squashed like a pop can.

As far as the chevy vs ford thing, I see lots of used fords for sale, no chevys. I reckon its cause people hang on to the chevys and drive em into the dirt. Of course fords are cheap enough to be throw away.:big_smile:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice looking work Donnie. Wishing you much success.

12. chris_ce

chris_ce New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice bumper. Lets get to the important part though. What ever you do don't yank anyone out with a chain. Chains are dangerous for yanking on get a good tow strap and be safer.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Looks good, what year Ranger is that?
    I have the 2000 XLT 4x4. In the market for new tires really soon.
    This bumper would look awesome on mine, seeing as my truck is totally blacked out. :wink:

14. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is that Ranger motor stock? If so it might have as much horsepower as a good John Deere riding mower!

15. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    its a 96 ranger. got a 4.0 ohv with a 5speed in it. fixin to put 32x11.50s on it

16. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    its stock, but ive yet to meet a chevy 4.3 vortec that will out run it!!!!

17. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    eh, i got a big chain, im not worried about it breaking

18. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    i dont jerk anyway i get the chain tight and just strait pull in 4 lo

19. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    heres some more pics. i made it through that snow, but i found out when you burrry it in 2 wheel drive in soft sand. 4 wheel drive dont do ya much good

Attached Files:

20. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    and some more. gotta love the kicker sub im fixin to put another 12 back there

Attached Files: