Cursed

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 25, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    the curse has shifted from the mississippi to the missouri. went out last nite
    and got skunked. 4hrs 2 nice hits, 2 gar, and a turtle:angry:
    hope I do better tonight. Is anyone having luck on the missouri?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I for one don't believe that it is cursed, The fish are in full blown spawn and are very hard to get to bite. The only curse you have is one the you , yourself put there!!!

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well the Cumberland is cursed too. LOL Spawn or no spawn, a lot depends on where the fish truck is parked. :big_smile:

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, and I am still trying to find out where you keep it,:angry:!!

5. mofisher

mofisher Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fish the Missouri and haven't had any luck the last week or so either. Unless you count accidentally catching a paddle fish in my cast net... How long does the spawn usually last? I don't know about you all but I'm getting pretty hungry for some fresh catfish!!

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    welcome abord mofisher:0a25:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It's my fault!

If anyone remembers I predicted two weeks ago that I would pick up my new boat and the region would suddenly experience the biggest fish-catching dry spell we have ever seen.

That has become true.

Sorry.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Where were you when everyone was asking when the spawn would start, LOL!!!:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9. Well DANG! Hey everbody, it's Darryls fault that the cats arn't biting. He just confessed. It's that purdy new boat and motor thats a doin it. Got um plumb scared right outta the good holes. Wink. MoFlats

10. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is probably because he hasnt christened his boat correctly!

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    He either has banannas on his boat, or hes wearin fruit of the looms with a bananna on the label. :smile2: Come to think of it, I bet Gary had "fruits" on the other night. Thats why we didnt catch any darn fish. LMAO. Darn it Gary!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I think you may have figured it out!! Kutter warned me of the fruit situation, but I forgot. Next time though, I'll be sure to be wearing my Hanes.. LMAO!:big_smile:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I knew it!!!! You will never catch fish with banannas in the boat, in ANY form. Hanes it is. We will surely catch fish next time. :big_smile:No bananna sunscreen, no bananna skivies, ABSOLUTELY no real banannas, and you cant say the word bananna either. It will make a difference. Mark my words. :smile2:

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Lessons Learned, Lessons Learned!!!!LMAO!!:embarassed::smile2::smile2:

15. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey wait a min.. Bannana nut bread with black walnuts is a tradition for brunch out there for me! So dont tell me about this curse.. I do not believe in it...

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thats it! Stupid kids and their healthy lunches. That's it, when they're fishing with me from now on I'm shaking them down at the ramp for fruit......

17. 'Nanners is bad? Ain't never heard of that one before. Least wise how it affects catfishing.
    I still think it's Darryl's stinkin'-purdy boat.... MoFlats

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banannas of any type, form, photo, word, or fruit are absolutely BAD LUCK. Heres some links if you are bored. This stuff is for real dudes. No Naners on Cuz's boat. The offending item will be tossed overboard absolutely immediately. If you are wearing fruit of the looms, you must cut off the label. Gary hosed us the other night. :wink:Enjoy the reading :smile2:

http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/superstition_sea_fishermen/

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is the one that gets to me, LOL!!!
    Never say good luck or allow someone to say good luck to you unanswered.
    If someone says “good luck” to you, it is most assuredly a bad omen and sure to bring about bad luck. The only way this can be countered is by drawing blood. A swift punch in the nose is usually sufficient to reverse this curse.

20. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    catfish on the missouri seem to be real slow around weldon springs hope to get out to night if the rain ever stops lrt u know how it goes