Currently in the Huntsville area

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by blkhawkdwn, Jan 28, 2007.

1. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I'm currently working in the Huntsville area and looking for a place to wet my lines. I'm actually in Medianville. any places i can go and do some fishing?

2. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry that no one has replied to your post sooner im not sure exactly where you are located but this may help. There is Madison County Lake that is somewhere aronud Huntsville i have talked to a friend that says the catfishing is pretty good there, unfortunately you have to pay a daily lake fee, and can only stay till the sun goes down. Other then that you can look on outdooralabama.com where they have a list of all the major bodies of water that contain game fish. Hope this helps you out if not feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

3. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had AIT in Huntsville and although as you know I couldnt get out much, but you always have the Tennesse River i believe it is in the area. I wish I could remember the name of the Marina near by, but I went there for a ceremony and saw some guys catfishing on shore a they had a good stringer when they left. I hope that helps. Hooah!

4. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Dang Ula,
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I live in Meridianville too. I fish the Tennessee River mostly, but have a lot of fun in the Flint River too. I'm in a crappie fishing mode right now, but will get warmed up for cats when they warm up too.
    As others have said, the Madison County Lake is nearby too, but I've not done so good there.

5. Krauseb

Krauseb New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey there,
    I live in Madison (just ~2 miles wesdt of Huntsville) and I do most of my fishing around the Arrowhead landing area. Take 565 west towards Decatur and get off on the Moorseville exit. Head south anout 1/10 of a mile and turn to the right when the road T's. Cross over two small bridges and keep and eye out for a boat lauch sign ... follow those signs to Arrowhead Landing. There are numerous little areas to pull off to the side of the road and bank fish, or you can launch your boat from the landing.

The other place I fish every so often is called The Rockhouse. Its a little pump station along the TN river. Sometimes the fishing is good, but this year it has been disappointing. That place is a little harder to explain how to get there. I wish I could explain it to ya, maybe when the weather gets a little better around here you can msg me and we'll setup a time to go out there and I can show you how to get there.

Those are the two places that I frequent the most. We should get all the BOC's from the Huntsville area together and go fishing sometime. I'm sure there is a lot of things I could learn from the rest of you guys.

6. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    whats up guys thanks for the responce I'm currently working out at the Madison county Airport. in the second hanger. I'm staying in the Charles Motel off of 231/431.

kinda enjoyed the little snow we just had thrusday morning LOL