Current! The River just might break the 30ft mark.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by repoman3809, Dec 9, 2008.

1. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
  2. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Thanks for the update Chris. Maybe some of that water will make it downstream before the weekend is over!!:wink:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They must be anticipating some good rain here also.. I see our river is supose to come up a good bit over the next few days... Hopefully, it doesn't get too bad for eveyone.. Especially, you blue cat guys down south!:wink: rollo

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Yeehaaa:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

Finally!!! Just out watch for the tires, fridges, and trees heading for New Orleans...W

5. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, I was thinking about heading out and scratching my itch to fish after work, but it was pretty much dark already, and I forgot the rest of the gear :angry:.... hopefully it stays a little warmer tomorrow, then I'll just tell the boss I'm sick:wink:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    supposed to be over 20ft mark here!!!1 i will be in it for a hog thursday!!! :wink:

7. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Have you forgotten 1997? Were you here for that one? That was nasty. i still remember seeing all that damage.

But yeah, definitely don't want that.

I take it the river's been low for awhile?

Excuse my ignorance folks. been out of town for six years.:big_smile:

8. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    No, we dont want it to exceed the flood level(52ft in Cincy or really much more than 30ft for that matter). It just been so slow, at times more like a lake. Their was a couple times this year the current was so slow and wind blowing the other direction, causing it to seem the river was flowing wrong way. We just need some current to get the fish bitting better and a little more predictable.

9. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Oh, ok. wasn't sure, i haven't fished that river in over seven years, but i'm looking to start doing it as soon as possible. rain snow or shine.

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I have to work all weekend and I have no boat so BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!:angry:

11. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Ever figure out what happened to your motor? I'd want it fixed quick. from what everyone's saying, this is the time to be on the water.

12. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I will be out there for sure..I think im gonna give nighttime a shot on sat night..Get to the river around 2 fish a few hours of daylight, then fish a few hours of night..Hope to get into some fish with the river on the rise.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I'm not mistaken I think we might have three boats out there: Mark's, Brian's and Mine.

14. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Brother your never without a boat.....all you have to do is say the word! I'm sure theirs quite a few other guys here who feel the same way. As for the work thing, well....thats on you.

But I do agree with RiverKing. Get out while its on the rise, few hours before sunset, maybe hang out in the dark for awhile. But if you can find an opening Travis, you let me know, well get it done! Oh and I didnt forget about you zmany2k, if your back in town. Well have to try and get something setup.

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not gonna bore everyone with the problems, lets just say I dont have the money for it right now and its gonna be a while, if that gives you an idea??? Hope you guys tear'em up this weekend, it is sure looking good.

16. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm thinkin cincy this friday and then haull a$$ to a freinds down near big bend for a day on saturday and If I get a wild hair I may head on down and try something even farther down.....maybe I can chase this rain all the way to the ocean ! :tounge_out:

17. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Sounds great boss, but this weekend is busted for me. Been away from my wife and son for too long, so saturday is family day/chainsaw mayhem (firewood. calm down) and then sunday we're going to head out to the zanesville meet and greet. Other than that, unless the army needs me to recruit on weekends, my schedule should be wide open.

Next weekend? doesn't matter. Thanks for looking out man.

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hope it gets its act together for you guys, it certainly isnt doing anything as we speak but heading down...:eek:oooh:

19. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Now too 35.7ft, cresting Monday morning!!!!!Their gonna start closing some ramps.

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    YOU LUCKY $%&#@$!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2: