Current side of rock points???

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Jiggin Boy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Jiggin Boy

Jiggin Boy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    All my years of fishing i hardly ever fished on the current side of a rock point.Not only hardly fished but have never caught anything. Then just the other day my buddy decided to cast on the current side.First we was fishing on the none current side which we had a well open hole of 14 to 18 feet Deep. Then switched sides and it was mostly 3 feet deep and started nailing little kittys then all of a sudden the pole just went APE SHIT, he set the hook and after seeing the line do complete circles in the water We knew it was a solid fish. Got it up to the bank Scooped it up and it was a fatty, solid 5 pounder. Just one of the storys that follows a saying, You learn something new everytime. So all and all try the current side of a rock point sometime, you might be suprised how your luck is.

2. tmbragg67

tmbragg67 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Cory. On the Mississippi most of the fishing is done on the upstream side of the wingdams (basically man-made rock points) or in the swirls off the end. The logic as it was explained to me is the fish actively feeding are cruising in the slackwater at the base of the wingdam, picking up food as it's pushed into them.

Tom

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I always fish both sides. Just another trick to use to fool the fishies.