Current fur prices Mid Dec

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by justwannano, Dec 13, 2007.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    There are a fair number of trappers here on the BOC.
    I started this thread because I wanted to know the current prices of fox fur and realized there is nowhere a guy can go to find out. What a better place to find out than right here.
    So how about it guys what are you getting for your fur.

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well i know a coon round here will get ya around 20 bucks. thats without skinnin it though. not for shore what one will get ya if ya skin it yerself. badger will getcha aboug 40-45 bucks is what i was told ill get for mine. ill let yall know when i find out.

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    coons wont get you much around here, i heard its best to sell them to taxidermist?

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i called a fur buyer the other day and was told coons, $3 and $2 for the meat. when i was 15 i was getting $18 to 20 for the hides. i am not gonna skin a coon for 3 dollars. i hope the good lord excuses me for throwing them away, but i cannot see skinning and hauling them to a buyer for $3. i hate to not use the resources but they do tear up the feeders.

5. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    up here coon is an average coon is 10 to 15 bucks. on high years 20. fox is 15 to 20. coyote is up and down from 10 to 25 bucks. badger about 20. rats are bout 2 mink 10 to 15, skunk is about 2 also. thats just whole theese are all worth more skinned but no one does that round here. they just sell them to the fur comany/trapping store and he sells the skins.