Current fishing trip

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by janzaldo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, I will off for the next three days starting tomorrow, I plan on doing some fishing at Santa Ana or Irvine this friday or Saturday, if anyof you guys plan on fishing those days let me know. My cell # is 323 326-3893.

Jaime

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I Hope you catch " Just about" Big enough to break your pole. Have fun and give us a full report.You asked in your PM about sending picture's to you, from the national gathering, My computer crashed just after the gathering and I lost everything, But I did post some picture's before it crashed in the National gathering picture section, You might have to so some hunting for them,.....

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom! too bad about your computer buddy. Hopefully I will catch a few trout.

Jaime

4. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Hey Jaime, hows it goin dude ? Hope you get into some nice fish man. Wish I coulda fished with you. Take it easy man.

5. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, I hope you do better ther than Ray and I did last weekend.
    I just don't get it, we were fishing between people that were catching fish left and right, literally, and we couldn't catch a fish. I got a few nibbles and one good bite on power bait but missed it. The guy to our right caught 10 cats in a about five hours and when he left he gave us his leftover bait but we still couldn't get anything going.

6. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Jaime, I wish I had seen this post sooner. I wound up going at the last minute to Irvine on Sat with my friend Trollmiester. We did fairly well on the stocker trout and we were able to get two small cats. I didn't even think we were going to be able to fish on Sat. because of the weather forecast but When I got up it turned out to be a decent day.
    Did you get to fish Fri. or Sat.?

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Hope you guy have good fishing.

8. doomz

doomz New Member

State:
    California
    Check out Santa Ana River Lakes. They got some crazy ass Trout fishing going on there right now.

9. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Jaime:

Get out there and rip em ole Buddy. I remember fishing Irvine Lake back in the Late 50s and early 60s before it came to be a big attraction that it is now.

Hope you the best:

Gene

10. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Hey Jaime, What happend on your trip? Did you do better than Ray and I?

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hope you catch A bunch of Fish Bro

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, hope everybody is doing well.
    I caught one rainbowtrout. I caught it at Levitz Corner. I first tried the bubble hole. I probably fished for an hour then moved on to Levitz Corner. As soon as I cast out and put the rod in my rod holder I got hit! I was using corn flavor power bait with procure garlic oil. I rolled the powerbait in the shape of a worm. I was not their for very long I probably left by 10 am.
    Thanks for all your post guys!
    Hi Dave hope you are doing well in Il. You are sure missed buddy.
    Hi John we have excellent fishing here in Ca. If you look at Muskyman's profile picture he caught that fish at a lake called Irvine.
    Hi Gene! glad all is working out for you buddy. I will be calling you soon. can't wait to see you at Keystone!

Jaime

13. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Well Jaime, you out fished Ray and I on out last outting to SARL. Even though I would get bit here and there they weren't solid bites, could barely tell the pole was moving.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom, I know what you mean. One time I was holding my rod,and when I statrted reeling the line, my rod went bendo did not know I had a rainbow hooked.
    I heard next week SARL will be stocking lighting trout.

Jaime

15. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime next time you decide to go let me know. If I haven't made previous plans maybe we can meet up. Couldn't do it this last weekend had too much to do.

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom, that would be awesome! I have plans for Saturday 2/17. A co worker invited me to go clam digging up around Santa Barbra. I am free 2/18 or fri 2/23(day off)

17. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, Ray and I are going to Topock on Sunday. As far as the following Friday I'll have to let you know after we get back.