Current Events

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Dec 14, 2006.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, hope all is well. I just finish reading an article in Western OutDoor News San Pedro Bait recievers are closed down efective immediately. Bills bait reciever and the other reciever close by are both shut down! THe next close bait reciever is in Long Beach That realy bites!
    Frank( Captain 22street landed )was quoted as saying he will have to stop his half day boats!

Jaime

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That sucks totally. That will really effect fishing and will overcrowd the other ones in the LBC especially for private boaters. I can see a price increase due to this move as well on part of the open ones. For how long will they be closed for? And for what reason? I did not read the last issue yet.

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    This is similar to the removal of the grow-out pens for white sea bass operated by UASC in Newport Harbor. They were forced to remove the pens because the Harbor residents did not like the appearance of them and the sea lions were using them to haul out upon (sea lions are very noisy).
    Now, these are the same wealthy people that are supporting many of the anti fish-hunt groups in the name of environmentalism.
    They want to help the fish and the sea lions as long as it doesn't inconvinince themselves.
    What absolute hypocrites these people are. So next time you hear one of those celebs mouthing off about your sport remember that many of them and their friends own property in the harbors of So. Ca.

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Brian, you got to read it.... Disney (not Walt, he was good) but they wanted to do their ongoing movie or what ever "pirates of the Cara.." in the area that the receivers were in. didnt want to pay to relocate them, and someone looked and the leese had expired 20 yrs ago... Our "for us" Mayor, Villla ass hole.... concurred and the Bill's bait is gone overnite. The nearest bait is in Long Beach, and the round trip for the boats is to cost preventative for 1/2 boats to operate out of 22nd street landing to go and get bait. Would you believe gas sure charge? They do have the rights to put receivers at 22nd street, but then the noise from the seals " arf arf arf" and the smell of their by products would Piss off the people in the harbor, so what are they to do......

PS I'll try to get some good bait tomorrow....

bayrunner ray

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Yeah I read all about it last August and read also the disgust of alot of fishermen down that way Tom.

I can understand some of the limits they might want to put of commercial fishing but not sportsman they take so little really.