Current "BANNED Ammunition" is mine next?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by jedimanhunter, Jul 10, 2008.

1. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    An absolute perfect example of what an ammo ban will do to you. This is an AP round from FN Herstal for the 5.7x28. I copied this from a current gunbroker.com auction. Go check it out. What if this becomes the common box of .22. That is a box of 50, note there is already 1 bid of 300.00 I wonder what the reserve price is. I think Im gonna go buy a brick of 22.

FN SS190 5.7 X 28 RARE UNOPENED BOX, 50 ROUNDS
    Auction #103889189
    Current Bid 1 $300.00 Reserve Not Met Started at $200.00
    buy it now for $800.00

Quantity 1 # of bids 1 Bid History
    Time left 2 Hours, 3 Minutes +
    15 minute rule Location AKRON, OH 44321
    SUMMIT County
    Started 7/3/2008 11:43:29 AM ET (This is a 7 day auction)
    Ends On or After 7/10/2008 11:43:29 AM ET (Official Auction Time)

Seller jwstumpy A+(1146)

This is also another example of what americans will do to each other. I have it, you dont and i am going to tear your head off or you can forget it. You can call it collector value, what the market commands or its his right to sell it for what he wants, its at least worth 300.00 if he got a bid. What can we expect from others/foreign countries that corner the market like big oil is doing with the gas/diesel/propane prices.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Auction ended with reserve not met, $300 bid, ouch.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    recent supreme court ruleing was a big win for gun owners and a bloody nose for the anti gun establishment. the next logical olace for the antigunners to attack is ammunition. this my sound crazy to alot of folks but ammunition(including components) could be a better investment than gold in the not to distant future. these are my opinions and mine alone.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Got a question on just where this ammo is banned at? I have seen it advertized in midways flyers every time they send me one.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like hes playing people that also follow the stock market. :wink: Strike fear into people and they will do dumb things.

6. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I'm not surprised that it's going for that much. The new legal ammo (supposed to not penetrate a vest) is expensive enough. There weren't very many of the original rounds that hit the streets. Wouldn't be worth that to anyone but a collector.

7. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    There are several versions of ammunition for the 5.7x28 the one in the auction is the SS190 an armor piercing round that was able to be sold for a brief time. If I remember correctly it first jived with ATF because it was an imported round or it may have had something to do with the inner core of the bullet. Nontheless it is a round, once legal that got banned and look what happened to it. I am not suggesting that that particular round should not have been banned I am just making reference to the "WHAT-IF" scenerio on the normal stuff.

Slabmaster, I tracking with you. I think ammo will become a commodity in the future as well. It wont hurt to stock up, the worst case scenerio you bought something you can use. The best case scenerio the ban wont effect you as much and you will have some good trading stock.

It would not surprise me that since the supreme court decision went south for the anti's the focus will be the ammo and calif will lead the way with that numbered bullet deal that is cooking. I can only imaging the manufacturing cost to put that out.

How about the ammunition accountability act. here is some links

http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Some of these yahoos have but alot of effort into taking our guns and they are not going to roll over and play dead like a possum because of the supreme court ruling. It is is said that 10% commit 90% crime. Well lock'em up, bring home our troops and send in the convicts. No one said we have to go get them. LOL Do whatever but leave the good folks alone.

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I share your opinion sir.

9. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    before we stock up what happened with the patriot act it seems if you had 2000 primers and so many rounds you were considered a terroist dont quote me on the amounts cuz i dont keep up on stuff im a complacent american

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    ss109 556

You can buy this at gun shows in georgia, is it banned too! I pretty sure any jacketed 30 cal round say 300 weatherby mag will go though a vest.

11. bluewatercat

bluewatercat New Member

State:
    Killen Alabama
    How many legal guns and legal ammo. can you have in your poccesion?

12. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    As many as you want as far as I know, I understand there might be a limit as to how much gun powder you can have without it being stored properly and the local FD might need a heads up on it but all that is way out of my league so I don't concern myself with that.

If the patriot act is going to declare someone a terrorrist due to the amount of ammunition or guns they possess then we are already in trouble. I dont see guns or ammo like drugs. User amount or seller amount.

If thats the case then the patriot act is if you have up to x amount of ammunition your a bonafide leagal us american citizen but if you have over x amount your a terrorist. I think i would win that challange.

The above statement is responding to how the patriot act is portrayed to read based on some post that suggest that to me. I have not read it so I more or less just spoke of something I know nothing about. I usually dont do that however i actually dont care enough to go find out either. If they outlaw what I have then i will accept the fact that im now an outlaw.

I do know this much, I am like a blade of grass in a 1000 acre hay meadow when you start counting people with plenty of guns and ammo. I hope it stays that away too.