Curious about spoonbill snagging results

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by pitbull33, Feb 27, 2009.

1. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Just curious trying to seperate myth from fact. When do you hit more spoonbille snagging, night or day and what times are best in your opinion?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You'll get a lot more response to your posts if you put them in one of the sub-forums instead of the "main" state forum - nobody ever looks for posts here....

3. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I appreciate the advice mr. T. Any help That is offered is much help.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I prefer night snagging early in the year and then once the spoonbill start running good later on it April you can snag night or day and catch them pretty good.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    they are comming up I hit 3 with the boat last week

felt that spongey thud going down river uggggg silly things .

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I never go at night with the boat, too dangerous with three 10/0 treble hooks flying around. Ive had a couple of them stuck in me before by bringing the fish aboard. Now I remove all the hooks before they ever come in the boat.

Early morning is the best for me. I get there right at day break. Once a couple of boats have went over them they go deep and scatter around. If your in the right place many times you can have your limit within a few passes. I want to be done by noon at the latest because the boating traffic gets too heavy.

7. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks spoon thats about the same pattern ive always used but had a fella tell me to try night, i think ill pass on that, lol.

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    We haven't had any trouble at night, but we've been doing it for years. I'll never take a newbie out at night time. Just wanted to clarify that. Also, the hooks get pulled from the fish before they get brought into the boat so that helps keep the hooks from flying around when fish start flopping around.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Seth, your suppose to be catfishin at night LOL. :0a23:

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I can't catch any catfish day or night so I just stick to paddlefish while I can. :roll_eyes: