cumberland steam plant

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went sunday must of been doing something wrong caught 3, they where being caught all around me any help with bait and location would be great.Thanks

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Aaron,
    If they were being caught all around you then the location was not an issue.
    If the water is clear and it's a fine day the small sabikis will work. These usuall come 8 to a set. I split the set in half and make 2x4 jig strings. If the skips are of any size you don't want more that that. Sometimes they want the grubs on jigs
    If the water is stained I will definitely use 3 curly tail grubs about 1 1/2" long, usually white but I will try other colors if they don't bite. Often I will put a road runner on as the last jig to add some vibration.
    Sometimes they are on top, sometimes deep. Sometimes a fast retrieve works best, other times a slower retrieve is needed. You have to find that out on the day by trial and error...W

3. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    yea i like to tie on 3 crappie jig head and some white curly tails. sometime u can get them to come up on top after it or a slow retrive.

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use 2 white crappie jigs tied about 1ft apart and if the fish are deep I tie a 1oz egg sinker on the bottom and slow down the retrieve. If there on top take the 1 oz off and speed up the retrieve. I hope this helps!:wink:

5. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    I was there on saturday and caught a ton of skipjacks. we were using 2 jig heads with white grub tail. most of them were caught right along the wall. There were several times i would jig for them from otop the walk way.