Cumberland Steam Plant

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by catfish-for-life, Jan 10, 2007.

1. catfish-for-life

catfish-for-life New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would like to catch some skipjack at the steam plant, but I wouldn't mind catching some other fish as well. Is this a good time to fish for other species there? Any fish going to be moving up there soon? Like walleye or hybrids?

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If the skips are there then other species will be too.

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    well, when we did the clean-up thing, i personally witnessed people catch a bluegill, a hybrid, a yellow bass, a gizzard shad and of course skipjack...oh and a small channel.
    I've caught all of the above mentioned plus black crappie, drum, threadfin shad(castnet), a small largemouth bass, stripers, white bass and a sauger....probably forgot something..lol

You can probably can anything that resides in the cumberland at any given time at the steam plant.
    There's 2 problems, imho. First, it is definitely a combat fishin type of environment...LOTS of people fishin closely together and some are not so nice..which means you will get tangled up with other people's lines on occasion. Secondly, the water is FULL of food...so many of the fish are stuffed....literally.

Baits people use are cut shad, cut skipjack and small minnows. You can work a jig of various types with 1/2 ounce of weight or more on the bottom and catch fish as well. I've used crankbaits and caught fish...fun place to go, but heavily pressured.

cyas
    robert