Cumberland Steam Plant Is Closed

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Michael, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Went to the steamplant this morning at 3:30am Togo striper fishing.
    and the driveway to the parking lot had big red tape across it and alittle sign on it that said Fishing Area Closed From April 16th Thru April 20th thats all it said . and everyone i talked to had no clue why they where closed? I thought i would let all you guys know about it before you make a wasted trip down there !!!

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Probebly have a hazmat crew come in and clean up that dump!!! And possibley making some needed repairs to some of the things that are being torn up by careless people that fish there and don't care abouit their fishin hole!!!

3. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    was there to day the genrators are back on line and the skips and strippers are biting yes the red tape is still up but they are allowing you to park on the other side and fish. what they are doing is redoing the restrooms and some other needed repairs to the area. The power box in the building next to the old run down restrooms is getting a make over as well. talked to one of the guys thats doing some of work out there

4. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I was there last night and there is red tape going across the road that leads to the parking lot and red tape across the bridge closest to plant. You can however go to the other side of the bridge where they have the no parking signs and park there and have access to the bridge. There were several people still fishing from the bridge and the bank, as we were. There are signs that say no parking but a few of the signs have trash bags over them. I parked there as well as others did too. We had several police drive by and they didn't bother us at all. Basically you can still fish the bridge and the far side of the bank away from the plant. It just looks as if the road and the parking lot is blocked off. We stayed for a few hours and caught 2 skipjack off of white curly tailed jigs. 2 other guys were catching yellow bass left and right under the bridge, a lot of them were keepers too.

5. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    thats good news they are fixing the place back up .

6. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    One thing that we noticed was how bad the place is trashed. I know this has been brought up before but pack out what you pack in. Some people can't seem to understand this. I was disgusted on how much trash was left there.

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    was there on tue an it was closed we parked on the outher side an walked down from there ended up with about 40 skips in about 3 hours