Cumberland steam plant any one going this weekend

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by billcatfish, Jan 3, 2007.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i was thinking about going down this weekend an getting some skips i will be going down on sat. if every thing works out like it should

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I might be able to go Sunday but I can't Saturday. I wish I could. I need some skipjacks.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    hi dan yes i was looking at the weather looks like sunday will be a batter day to go but there is a 30% of rain that daybut its going to be colderi was up 2 weeks ago it was worm they wear not hitting as well

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
  5. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i might run over for a short time sat morn...uncertain.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    we are going down on sat. morning should be getting there around 7:00 hope to see some of you all there

7. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    well guys i will get my lazy but out of bed and meet you all there just look for a ugly black guy that will be me. will be out there jsut for the fun of catchin jacks hope they are biting.... YES JW I'm back

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Bout time you showed up, LOL!!!
    I was about to send out a search party again. Last time, they found you wandering around aimlessly in the spinnerbait Isle, at Bass Pro Shops, LMAO!!!

Good to See You Back Buddy!!! See Ya Tommorow!!!

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There is a slim chance that I could come on Sat. morning for a few hours. I really need to stock up on Skips. If I could get there by 7:00 or so and leave around 11:00. So I guess put me down as a maybe.

10. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    welll i got there kinda late it was 10:30 didn't get any skips but i did have fun trying . I ended up fishing for Sauger didn't have any big rigs with me only light rigs so that was perfect so i thought only get 2 Sauger. left around 3 pm. sorry I missed you guys.

there were guys on the far side catching the crap out of them I wasn't one of the lucky ones today. Skinked by skipjacks (that really sux)

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    We were over there buy them, but we didn't do so well. Only 15 for the day:sad2: !!!

12. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    Well I didn't get out there till like 4 pm or something like that.

Idea was to catch a skip or two and then catfish.

Man the water was up wasn't it.

Didn't catch any skips. I even went so for as to tie a glow stick to the swival on my sibiki rig. That didn't work either. Should have added some noise I guess.

Around 7 one of the other guys that was there went and snagged a shad and gave it to me. (Thanks if you read this)

So I cut a chunk and put it on my hook and casted out.

Pulled a little slack between the first and second eye and hooked aforemention glowstick to the line and waited.

And waited.

and waited.

So I figured I would check to see if I had slung my bait of when I cast so I started reeling in and got my hook hung on something.

Broke line.

Went to the truck to grab another hook.

Got back and tied it on only to find out those darned cats had theived the rest of the shad I had.

I should have known better.

Live and learn I guess.

Later,
    Steve

Next weekend I am going out in the boat whether anyone else want to go or not.

13. macfish4353

macfish4353 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice *****************