Cumberland river

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Oct 28, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone been out around old hickory dam or neally's bend? I have tried to call the dam for generation schedule for a 9 days they have yet to change the generation message. I don't know why. every morning they usually change it.

2. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Old Hickory: 1 generator from noon - 2pm today. The TVA web site is current. Don't know about the 800 number.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I didn't know that they had a site that told all the schedules, I just call most of the time. Well 6 inches of rain and no skip jack comin in this time around I figured they might run a few for a week or so.

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Oh yeah, you can't beat the web site, it's a lot faster. They usually update it in the late afternoon for the following day. As for the skips, if you wanna check out Nickajack, you can just about walk on the skipjack there.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where is nickjack? About how far is it from hendersonville? I would love to make a trip out there if it isn't too far.

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Well, Nickajack Lake is that lake you cross right before you get to Chattanooga on I-24. Just before the lake there's an exit that says to Nickajack Dam. Take that exit and turn right. The road only goes to the dam so you can't miss it. If you want we could hook up some time and go down there. I get there by driving south to Manchester and hop on I-24. From there I get there in just under an hour.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I am tied up for a week or so but I will take you up on that. I have a reliable boat that we can cover in skip slim if needed or if you got a boat I am fine with that this time too. I really need to fill the deep freeze for the winter.
    Are they there in the morning or evenings? I am ready to go.

8. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    All I can say is it was evening when they were thick in there and they were generating. The fish were right up near the dam in the current. Don't matter who's boat. Just PM me when you think you want to go. My schedule is pretty wide open right now. We can meet in Manchester and take one vehicle from there.

9. joe simon

joe simon New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jon,

Had to reply to your pic. How are things going? We need to get together and do a little fishing like we talked about at the library

Joe

10. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Howdy Joe. Which picture you talkin about? Did you see my post with the blue cat I caught at Nickajack dam? Your in the Local Tennessee Talk right now. Back up one and check my post under Tennessee Rivers for the post "my first blue cat". I'll send you a private message about when and where to do some fishing.

11. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    I saw your cat nice one I just started fishing for the flats and big blues I got alot to learn normally a striper fisherman, so far I caught a 31 lb flat, 28 blue.13 lb. blue,23 lb blue, another 23 lb blue and a 49 lb blue, I love it I have been lucky but I also have been fishing alot.I have a brother that lives on old hickory lake are there big blues and big flats there, I am from nc. Jeff

12. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    I believe Old Hickory is one of the better catfishing lakes, but I haven't tried it myself. I think cumberlandcat fishes there. Maybe he'll throw in his 2 cents here.

13. j simpson

j simpson New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks, maybe someone can tell me if they have big blues there, thanks for responding. Jeff

14. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Old hickory can produce tons and I mean tons of smaller channels. Some blues but they can be hard to find. You can get into some 30 lbers. And a few flattys. But lately there just isn't enough current, we have to get some more serious rain. But if you like eaters man you can't catch enough of them.