Cumberland River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Puddycat, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Well lately the ol Cumberland has not been kind to me and my fishing partner Michael. It seems with all of this heat and the water levels continually dropping, that the fish have just turned off. We have fished various locations using cut bait and live bait. I hope I havent become cursed from Bryan and Bob. I was only in their boat for fifteen minutes. We need a cold front and rain soon. Is anyone out there experiencing the same problem?

2. Liketofish

Liketofish New Member

State:
    Clarksville Tn
    With the heat were fishing in the morning from sun up to about 9:00am

3. Liketofish

Liketofish New Member

State:
    Clarksville Tn
    Yes, we will fish in the mornings from daylight to about 9:00am. Went tuesday and caught 5 fish using cut bait, biggest was 9 pounds

4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    ohh yeah i forgot you did get in brain s boat :eek:oooh: what have we done went and done to our selfs . where going to have to make a trip to Woodlawn and rub on the fish truck like a Jenni lamp to get our big cat luck back.
    Bryan and Bob what have you done to us :0a28: LOL LOL
    it'll pick up for us Ernest it just needs to cool down alittle

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Hey, I saw that!! LOL You guys will never catch another catfish now!! LOL I tried to warn you!! LOL Next time I will take you to some of the local guide's favorite spots. They catch some nice ones there. So did we at one time!! Til the curse hit us!! LOL

6. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Brian, I thought you had fell overboard. haven't heard from you in awhile and when I finally do your trying to get some s**t stirred up!LOL:lol:

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, me? Never! I don't carry a boat oar to stir things up with!! LOL Found an awesom flathead hole two weeks ago. Gonna try tomorrow night to see if one's game for a fight! Hope so. Then the curse will be over! I hope. LOL Darn Pete and DH did this, now I got to break it!! LOL

8. skip_jack

skip_jack New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    Whistler, good luck out there. I still have to track you down for a lil trip. Wife's leukemia is kicking in again so I'll be out of the loop again for a bit. I'll be back and forth to nachville alot, but if I get a chance I'll try to catch up with you later. My fishin partner should be back from Iraq soon, so I'll have to drag him back out and teach him how to fish again:lol: . see you soon

9. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey Skip_Jack, sorry to hear about about the wife's illness. I hope all goes well and that she starts feeling better. You hang in there too and be as much support as you can for her. Hang in there brother!
    Nick

10. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello guys,

New to this board, Just wanted to say that if you go to LOCK "C" early morning or real late afternoon you can catch them. Me and my boys use Night Crawlers or small bream, we have caught some nice little kats, 4 and 5 lbs. But mind you the bites are far a few between. How is fishing over at lick creek bridge on HWY 49

Peanut Ridge Kid

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jason...sorry to here the wife is down again. Hang in there buddy.